OMV Downstream / Refining & Marketing
Project Manager 3D Plant Construction (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Provide PDS/SmartPlant3D guidance to Engineering- and Construction Contractors working for OMV on various projects
- Participate in the planning process of a petrochemical process plant (Basic- and Detail Engineering) and supervise the engineering for plant layout and piping construction based on 3D CAD planning tools
- Ensure proper plant design and plant layout regarding technical requirements, legal framework, plot plan, accessibility, operability, maintainability, minimum life cycle cost, etc.
- Perform and lead interdisciplinary 3D model reviews for plant lay out and piping construction during projects' lifecycles as well as record, track and communicate deficiencies in design and ensure their rectification
- Develop alternative concepts for the plant layout and piping routing under consideration of the existing as is situation (pipe racks, steel construction, etc.) and alignment with operations and maintenance
- Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to Project- and Engineering Managers, in-house experts and internal clients
- Ensure that reviewed design packages meet relevant legal, technical and economic needs
- Safeguard the adherence of codes & standards (as well as project specific mutually agreed deviations) by the engineering contractors during design and execution of the project
- Perform on site checks in existing process plants to verify feasibility and constructability of the engineering (this can be at high altitude on steel structures and pipe bridges!)
- Opportunity for young, highly motivated engineers seeking to work in the area of plant design who will be specifically educated through internal trainings
- Master / Diploma degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent technical education with at least 7 years of relevant working experience, thereof ideally 3 years in oil & gas industry with either an operator an engineering contractor or an equipment/piping manufacturer
- Experience in pipe classes, pipe-materials and in the preparation of isometric drawings and layout plans
- Excellent specific software skills (e.g. 3D-PDS, Smart 3D, Smartplant Review, Auto-CAD, etc.)
- Knowledge in following codes & standards: PED (Pressure Equipment Directive), ASME B31.3 process piping and EN13480 Metallic industrial piping
- Cross-Disciplinary understanding (civil, steel, static/rotating equipment, piping and E&IC) as well as economic thinking
- International flexibility and willingness to travel, possibly for extended periods
- Ability to work at heights (e.g. steel-construction, columns, etc,)
- Fluency in English and good German skills (at least B1 Level)
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 68.030,- all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.