If you're inspired by what science can do to make a difference to patients' lives and ready to discover what you can do - join us.
AstraZeneca is one of the world's most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we're on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients' lives and benefit society. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. As an Austrian Marketing and Sales company, we set new, creative standards in market development and strive for scientific leadership in the domestic market.
Currently we are looking for colleagues for the position
Diagnostic Liaison Oncology (m/w/d)
The Diagnostic Liaison (DxL) is a field-based professional with scientific and diagnostic expertise. The DxL is responsible for providing diagnostic and scientific support for biomarker testing associated with AstraZeneca's (AZ's) marketed products and compounds in development to a variety of stakeholders like pathologists, molecular biologists, lab technicians, geneticists and oncologists. The DxL demonstrates value by generating insights, by strategic partnering with internal and external stakeholders and maintenance of a high-quality testing infrastructure in Austria.
Your main tasks/ key accountabilities
- Develop and maintain diagnostic/scientific expertise for biomarker testing associated with the respective AZ brands (BRCA, EGFR, PD-L1,…)
- Act as a diagnostic expert (technically & scientifically) to relevant external stakeholders (in an objective, scientifically balanced and non-promotional manner); Plan, execute and follow up customer calls
- Act as an educational resource to internal colleagues in the cross-functional team (medical, marketing, sales)
- Generate diagnostics related insights (situation, trends, competition) to shape the national brand strategy and identify issues in current biomarker testing landscape
- Participate in national diagnostic events and international congresses
- Identify, build relationship and collaborate with key national diagnostic and clinical opinion leaders (KEEs), other relevant external stakeholders, diagnostic companies and lab networks.
- Implement the national diagnostic strategy and execute initiatives consistent with the local diagnostic plan
- Plan, organize and lead diagnostic advisory boards and educational initiatives (e.g. biomarker testing workshops)
- Design and execute initiatives to facilitate the establishment of a robust and high quality testing process in the labs
- Design and execute initiatives to optimize the quality of biomarker testing by removing/minimizing diagnostic issues and barriers (e.g. by optimizing the testing pathway)
- Collaborate proactively with the cross-functional team (KAMs, MSLs, Brand Manager, MAM, DxM), exchange relevant insights and play an active role in the key account management and brand planning process
- Communicate the values and vision of AZ and actively contributes to the AZ culture
- Contribute proactively to a positive team spirit
- University degree (i.e. MD, PhD in life sciences or equivalent) or education as biomedical analyst (BMA)
- Detailed knowledge and experience in the field of pathology, diagnostics, and/or biomarker testing in oncology
- Detailed knowledge and experience related to current diagnostic methods (e.g. IHC, NGS)
- Knowledge of the diagnostic landscape in Austria & established relationship to pathologists or relevant diagnostic stakeholders are advantageous
- Understanding of local laws and regulations
- Ability to synthesize and communicate diagnostic/scientific information effectively at a peer level with a physician
- Ability to engage healthcare professionals using proficient communication and facilitate scientific exchange
- Experience within the pharmaceutical or diagnostic industry
- Customer-facing and field experience is advantageous
- Excellent communication, presentation, moderation, training and negotiation skills
- Experience in relationship and stakeholder management
- Fluency in German and English
- Curious personality and good cross-functional team player
- Excellent organization skills
- High level of motivation and proactivity
- Proficient in operating Microsoft Office
- Travelling is mandatory
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
The starting salary for this position is from 50,000, - annual gross depending on experience. We offer our employees numerous benefits and comprehensive social benefits. From flexible working hours to a variety of development opportunities to company pension and supplementary insurance. Participation in the company's success through bonus payments is a matter of course, as well as company cars and company cell phones.
AstraZeneca Österreich GmbH
Landstraßer Hauptstraße 1A, 1030 Wien