OMV Downstream / Refining & Marketing
Project Cost Estimator (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
To continue with our growth journey we would like to strengthen our team with experts from Project Expert to Project Manager level
- Utilizing cost methodologies and tools to produce cost estimates and incorporating project complexity factors into project estimates and assembling key input data such as project objectives, scope and economic analysis
- Assessing project scope and managing components to develop consistent building block estimates (Class 5 and 4) for each concept under consideration and utilizing technical, economical, commercial, organizational and political (TECOP) profile to establish appropriate deterministic cost contingency
- Translating the identified project scope and engineering deliverables into the estimate of capital expenditure costs for design, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up of the hardware elements (Class 2)
- Assisting with establishing the process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalize data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information as well as reviewing design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and reasonableness and coordinate with the project team leader
- Analysing Plot Plans, P&IDs and other project drawings and documentation to prepare estimates for cost, materials and labour, including escalation, allowances, complexity factors, and contingency
- Benchmarking estimates by carrying out validation and verification of previous estimates, outcome costs and vendor prices using high level norms and industry standards and coordinating identification of areas of risk in the compilation of cost estimates and evaluate appropriate levels of contingency
- Liaising closely with other project delivery area, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and other support disciplines (i.e. Project Control Lead) and supporting the development of estimating standards, guidelines and procedures
- Master/Diploma degree in Engineering and/or Certification as Cost Estimator with depending on the job level from at least 3 years to at least 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Team player with advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Cost estimating tools (e.g. Aspentech or Cleopatra)
- Demonstrable ability to develop reports and presentations for management
- Knowledge of Project Controls, Cost Engineering, Planning & Scheduling are an advantage
- Fluency in English and German
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts depending on the job level and your experience between EUR 59.292,- to EUR 68.030,- all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Schwechat, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.