The Vienna International School (http://www.vis.ac.at) is an independent, not-for-profit, preK-12 coeducational day school operating in the city of Vienna, Austria. The enrolment for the school year 2019-2020 is 1370 students representing 111 nationalities. The School is accredited by the Council of International Schools and its curriculum is approved by the Austrian Ministry of Education. The School is divided into two major divisions: Primary and Secondary.
We are looking to recruit the following position, starting May 2020
Finance Manager (m/f)
The Finance Manager is expected to monitor the day-to-day financial and payroll related operations of the school track the financial status and performance and identify areas for potential improvements. The supervision and support of the finance team and payroll is an essential part of the role.
- Direct the overall financial plans, financial analysis and accounting practices
- Monitor accounting, payroll, budget and tax affairs
- Implement, coordinate and improve the internal systems for financial accounting, management reporting, payroll, purchasing and invoicing
- Exercise regular checks to ensure the correctness and completeness of accounting records and payroll calculations
- Perform regular financial and statistical reporting to management and other constituents
- Prepare monthly reports on cash flow, budget development and CAPEX spending
- Analyse and interpret financial data and recommending changes to improve systems and financial performance
- Evaluate assets and liabilities in order to show a true and fair picture of the school's financial situation
- Prepare the financial statements in line with local accounting standards and regulations according to the UGB
- Be responsible for annual, tax and other audits as they might occur and act as contact for auditors.
- Cooperate with internal and external auditors, public authorities and other external stakeholders when required
- Stay up-to-date with technological advances, understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Supervise, support and care for accounting and payroll staff and act as back-up when required
- Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience/certificates
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, preferably in an international setting
Professional Understanding and Knowledge
- Very good knowledge of financial regulations, legislation and accounting practices
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with the Austrian accounting code: UGB
- Knowledge of the Austrian VAT law
- In depth knowledge of payroll including personal income tax, social security and other salary related taxes and duties and a basic understanding of Austrian labour law
- Experience with the Mesonic system an asset
- Self-reflective and self-motivating personality with highly developed organizational skills
- Goal- and solution oriented working style using creative and analytical thinking
- Strong communication skills in both German and English
- Effective team leadership skills
- High level of commitment and loyalty
- An energetic, optimistic and inspiring attitude to life and work
- Hands-on mentality and a sense of humour
VIENNA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OFFERS
- An incentive salary reflecting your qualifications, skills and experience (a yearly minimum of EUR 63.730,-- gross based on the collective bargain agreement and the very likelihood of a significant overpayment)
- A professional challenge in an international and open-minded working environment
- Significant opportunity for personal and professional growth
Please send your full application - if possible in one PDF document not exceeding 5 MB - via email to email@example.com.
Please note that a valid residence title and work permit for Austria is required for Non-EU-citizens.
Vienna International School
Karin Sigle - Human Resources
Straße der Menschenrechte 1, 1220 Wien