OMV Downstream / Refining & Marketing
Project Cost Controller (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
To continue with our growth journey we would like to strengthen our team with experts from Project Expert to Project Manager level
- Developing project budgets in accordance with project estimate and WBS and develop a common understanding of the Tender budget and ensure its transfer to the cost management system in order to establish Project Initial Budget (Baseline)
- Review engineering budgets and staff plans by working with the project team and develop and update labor budget graphs to monitor the cost status
- Ensure the implementation of the Cost Control System, elaborating the consolidated Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) according to OMV Downstream standards and procedures, review the procurement/accounting system adopted in each Contractor involved into the project and verify the application of the CBS and the cost traceability
- Liaise with Project Planner for alignment and maintenance of project WBS and CBS structures
- Understand the scope of the project and the basis of the estimate
- Oversee the collection, analysis and reporting of all project expenditure and maintain and update project cost database for all project costs
- Monthly Review of project cost forecast: Liaising with engineering, procurement and construction functions and others as required, to maintain awareness of project activities and their impact on EAT (Estimate At Completion)
- Analyze committed costs and activities to-date, isolating any deviation from baselines or adverse trend, warn the PM on time to take corrective actions and monitor activity progress and the relevant earned value, as well as the value of work done against the invoices received, determining the monthly accruals
- Constantly monitor Project Risk and Change status to maintain current forecast as well as review and understand the schedule progress and its alignment to the Project Control Report
- Master/Diploma degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Accounting with depending on the job level from at least 3 years to at least 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Cost Control Programs (e.g. SAP and/or Cleopatra) are an advantage
- Demonstrable ability to develop reports and presentations for management
- Team player with advanced communication, analytical and problem-solving skills as well as excellent interpersonal and Stakeholder Management skills
- Fluency in English; German is an advantage
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts depending on the job level and your experience between EUR 59.292,- to EUR 68.030,- all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Schwechat, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.