OMV Downstream / Refining & Marketing
Project Development Manager (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
To continue with our growth journey we would like to strengthen our team from Project Expert to Senior Project Manager level
- Broad-scale responsibility for project development and execution in OMV's Refining and Petrochemical business with focus on the development of the project from an idea to a defined project scope, which is in line with the business needs
- Responsible to develop and execute investment projects in time, budget & scope according to the OMV Project Management System
- Securing the commercial viability of projects, adding value to the business and ensuring OMV's long term competitiveness
- Coordinating the project team to develop the best concept to fulfill the business needs and to ensure that the most appropriate technology is used
- Development and implementation of cost and schedule management plans and a contracting strategy during the early phases of the project in accordance with international best practices and OMV corporate principles
- Actively manage project risks, ensures that risk management and risk acceptance criteria are in place and defined, risk response plans are elaborated and followed up by the relevant risk managers and owners
- Identify and define stakeholder (internal stakeholder, external partners, authorities, etc.) from early project phases on and managing their expectations and interests in a professional manner
- Master/Diploma degree in Process Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Materials Sciences or equivalent technical discipline or Economics with at least 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in Project Development, Project Management, Technology or Operations in oil & gas or chemical industry
- Sound cross disciplinary technical and economic understanding of all impacts for total cost of ownership analysis
- Sound knowledge of project management processes
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English, German and other languages advantageous
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 59.292,- all in (referring to 2 years work experience). Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Schwechat, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.