Our customer Bongﬁsh GmbH is looking for an experienced Gameplay Programmer (m/w) - You will develop cool and fun gameplay mechanics, and you will work on all parts of the feature development process from prototyping to production.
At Bongﬁsh, developers help craft incredible games that combine state-of-the-art technology with deep gameplay. Bongfish brings a high-tech approach to game development and have more than 10 years of experience working with some of the top game publishers in the industry on console, mobile and PC platforms. Bongfish ist he biggest game developer in Austria, with 80 developers.
Gameplay Programmer (m/w/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time Graz, Am Eisernen Tor 3/2
In particular, you will:
- Use C++ and scripting languages like Python to create various aspects of gameplay features including game mechanics, orchestrating effects, network code
- Keep an eye on memory and performance
- Create systems and tools that give designers the possibility to tune and modify your gameplay features
- Ensure the functionality of your features by writing automated tests and participating in code reviews.
- You have strong C++ skills with a good foundation in system design, programming and debugging. You also a have a good understanding of 3D maths principles.
- You have professional development experience, not necessarily in the games industry, but if you have hobby projects we would be happy to see them.
- You are passionate about playing and making video games.
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills and are comfortable to work with technical and non-technical people.
- Experience with gameplay mechanics and modern game engines as well as experience with Python would be a plus.
Why join us?
- You might not know it because we don't advertise much, but we offer a stable work environment while working on AAA games played by millions.
- When we ask our team what they like most here, they say: their colleagues, the culture and work conditions, their role and living their passion for games - is this something you can relate to?
- We care about each other, which means we offer work-life balance, the opportunity to develop, and the flexibility to accommodate personal situations.
- Our team is composed of 15 different nationalities, so English is our main language in the office.
- We share a straightforward mindset: be pragmatic, focus on the goal, and keep cool.
- Our HQ is situated in Graz, Austria, a hidden gem between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps, with an extraordinary high quality of life.
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualiﬁcations*
*The remuneration for the position advertised above is fixed by Austrian collective agreement. The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.
Interested? Apply now online or via Email.
Jobaffairs Personal- und Mediaagentur GmbH
Mohsgasse 1 - 1030 Wien
Mitglied im Netzwerk DIE RECRUITER