System Engineer (m/f/d)
Standort Weiz, Steiermark
This position is for Magna Auteca, a division of Magna Mechatronics, Mirrors & Lighting.
Magna Mechatronics, Mirrors & Lighting, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world's leading suppliers of innovative closure systems and modules as well as offers a variety of exterior and interior mirror systems to the global automotive industry. Our focus is on developing technically sophisticated and economically viable products in order to satisfy our customers at any time.
The Systems Engineer understands the needs of the automotive customers and translates them into actionable requirements for the functional disciplines (e.g. electrical, mechanical, software etc. and validates the product meets what the customer expected. The System Engineer should be familiar with the concept of systems Engineering.
- Closely cooperate with customer at program initiation to understand the problem space in order to accurately detect the problem and analyze the customer requirements which have to be entered into the application life cycle (ALM) tool
- Defining interfaces of architecture.
- Investigation of alternatives
- Deriving of system requirements for mechanical, electrical and software disciplines from customer requirements
- Maintain traceability between system and customer requirements
- Understand and record customer requirements. Manage and negotiate customer requirements, change requests and unwritten expectations.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Analyzation of customer requirements at program start and entering them into the requirements management tool
- Ensuring the consistency and bilateral traceability of system of requirements and entering them into the requirement management tool.
- University degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Experienced in mechatronics product development in the automotive industry
- Working experience with ALM tools (e.g. Polarion, DOOR)
- Technical knowledge of automotive electronics products
- Working experience with IATF 16949, ISO26262, Spice
- Experienced with Requirement Management, Revision Control an Change Control
- Good understanding of system test and automation
- Good communication skills
- Experienced of structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or technique
- Readiness to travel
- Self-responsible, accurate and target-orientated working manner
- Fluent English and German skills (spoken and written)
- Ability to deal with conflicts, resilient
Minimum gross salary according collective agreement for this position is EUR 3.000,- per month, but dependent on qualification and professional experience we offer a market related compensation and other attractive employee benefits.