Professional Network Security Design (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Support the implementation and customization of network security solutions and ensure technical service delivery through continuous knowledge exchange, as well as best practice implementations
- Contribute to, improve, and support development of network security and security concepts and at the same time adhere to OMV Group IT security & Information security standards
- Continuously work on technical and innovative improvement of network security services and systems, as well as maintain technical documentation according to the company's standards
- Design and provision network security services in a hybrid cloud environment with special focus on Microsoft Azure (Azure virtual networks and security controls such as Network Access Controls, Network Security Appliances, Web Application Firewalls, Network Security Groups etc.) based on solutions and security architects' input
- Contribute to, support improvement and development of network security concepts and at the same time adhere to OMV Group IT security & Information security standards and actively observe innovations, new tech assessments, research within area of responsibility and adjacent areas
- Provide input in order to challenge vendors from technical point of view and support technical evaluations in tender processes
- Participate in team level communication and interaction including consulting, understanding and supporting of the corporate network security area in translating business/functional needs and strategies into achievable and sustainable technical architectures and specific solutions
- Global responsibility for the corporate network security environment with special focus on transformation towards a hybrid cloud environment covering data center, office and OT areas
- University degree in IT
- 3 years relevant professional experience
- Basic expertise in designing and implementing secure and high-availability network security environments with a special focus on hybrid cloud
- Basic skills in troubleshooting incidents or management of problems related to network security environments based on specific technologies & vendors (i. e. Check Point, Barracuda)
- Knowledge, experience and first certifications in the areas of routing and switching, wireless networks and network security
- Basic knowledge and experience with access and web proxy solutions
- First experience with Microsoft Azure from network security point of view (Isolation, VNet connectivity and traffic filtering, ExpressRoute and VPN connectivity, as well as Security Controls such as Network Security Groups etc.)
- Ability to innovate, supporting the improvements to the work related to own and adjacent activities, participation in developing solutions to problems and support in improving activities
- Fluent command of English (written and spoken)
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 50.539, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.
Katharina Hauser (email@example.com)