USound is a fast-growing audio company developing systems for personal audio applications such as headphones, earphones, speakers as well as other applications for the global market.
We are looking for a reliable and committed team player to join our R&D team in Vienna.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (F/M)
Full-time, 38.5 hours/week
Job profile: Ideally an experienced mechanical engineer with a background in 3D modelling, assembly and manufacturing. The person in this position work around all aspects on product development process (PDP), from concept phase to start of production (SOP).
- Create concepts, develop innovative products and implement product design changes considering manufacturing criteria to achieve optimal product performance
- Create and organize professional technical data (drawing packages), documentation, characterization, material cost reductions proposals, analysis reports, and product specifications with accuracy.
- Research activity to lead/collaborate in strategic supplier selection and qualification process with R&D and external partners, by developing product control plans and driving continuous improvement activities/programs.
- Provide technical support and review and exchange data with internal/external suppliers and customers, production and sales managers.
- Participate in hands-on to the design, develop, validation, test and debug of prototypes, with scopes ranging from specific concepts to comprehensive and functional products.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to review with suppliers and customers, if necessary, customized part set-up and (form, fit, function) specifications.
- Support Simulation Engineering/MEMS Engineering and Acoustic Engineering with execution of new projects.
- Own essential design aspects such as 3D modelling, Finite Element Analysis, and CFD.
- Preferably Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or comparable
- Bachelor's degree with a relevant practical experience also acceptable
- 5+ years of industry experience in mechanical design or similar field
- Fluency in English (at least a B2 level) is necessary, German is a plus
- Experience in CAD/CAM design and simulation tools - Matlab, Comsol and Solid Works
- Knowledge in defining engineering bill of materials and technical drawings
- Good knowledge of (micro)manufacturing technologies, focus on plastic parts design, tolerances, fits & finishes and GD&T.
- Knowledge in DFM, (D)FMEA and Quality Control
- Ability to move design proposals from concept to product
- Experience in databases and macros programming is a plus
- Knowledge of product lifetime, ergonomics or/and wearable technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of MEMS Technology is a plus
- Work in a fast-paced and innovate international company
- Flexible working time and goal-oriented work environment
- Competitive salary and company benefits (lunch subsidy, language course, travel tickets, sport events, etc.)
- Annual gross salary starting at EUR 41,000.00 (full-time basis). Salary is negotiable according to qualifications and experience.
Kratkystraße 2, 8020 Graz