Senior Expert Web Applications (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Responsible as consultant for the global Web Applications area and for the current Web Applications landscape including related interfaces.
- Consult, support and implement future Web Applications strategies regarding digitalization, Apps, App integration and roll out to entire organisation
- Define web applications technology strategy (such as containerization) according to Group IT & department strategy and constantly challenge the current technological environment in order to find optimization opportunities and support in reaching the target picture of the future operating model in a hybrid environment
- Advice and/or implement innovative technologies and tools and encourage the team members to challenge the status quo as well as existing routines
- Web Applications design, implement and deploy leading practice solutions to achieve defined business goals (state of the art solution in regards to Digitalization)
- Coordinate the business requests for the Web Application landscape, manage change requests and projects, plan the resources according to the business requirements and prepare the digital transformation
- Ensure and enhance the Customer- and Service quality, especially in collaboration with external consultants
- Maintain and coordinate solutions in all Web Applications systems for adaptive and corrective topics, align all technical solutions over both locations for all supported companies
- Consult, design and develop processes for Web Applications in close cooperation with the support team and the business process managers
- Manage the implementation of change requests respecting the IT Rules & Standards for OMV / Petrom
- Contribute to, improve, and develop web application security and security concepts and at the same time adhere to OMV Group IT security & Information security standards and actively observe innovations, new tech assessments, research within area of responsibility and adjacent areas
- Challenge vendors from a technical point of view (system setup, experience based on OMV specific technical system setups, etc.) and perform technical evaluations in tender processes.
- University degree (Master/Diploma) IT, IT project management,
- At least 9 years of professional experience
- Strong capability to develop & finalize projects in time & budget
- Project management skills; Good English skills; Strong facilitation, consultation and convening skills
- Awareness of current and future trends and/or technology that may influence Enterprise Applications work
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud based solutions and innovation trends in the Web Applications environment
- Advanced expertise in designing, implementing and operating secure and high-availability web application environments with a special focus on hybrid operating models
- Having a good overview of Web Applications vendors on the market as well as established relationships to the current external resources within the subordinated departments
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 68.030, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.