Global Simulation Leader (m/f)
INNIO Jenbacher Gas Engines
You would like to work in an international company with innovative products? If this is the case, this position will most likely find your interest. INNIO Jenbacher Gas Engines belong to the worldwide leading companies in the gas engine segment. Our headquarters is based in Jenbach / Austria.
For our Engineering & Technology department we are looking for a
Global Simulation Leader (m/f)
- Develop, mentor, and manage mechanical simulation engineering personnel in the areas of: core engine structural analysis, lubrication & cooling, multibody dynamics, NVH, package design & cosimulation with controls & performance
- Create and participate in generation of ideas for innovative core engine and packaged products, systems and technologies and be a champion for generation of INNIO intellectual property
- Plan & lead product & technology development projects and manage their execution to meet team's commitments. Includes managing a global team of INNIO personnel, contractors and consultants
- Lead, mentor and/or assist with analysis and resolution of technical challenges encountered by teams. Continuously improve our analysis capabilities to drive speed, cost and quality
- Keep abreast of 'industry best practices' regarding engine and simulation capabilities & technologies, applicable processes, tools, and standards
- Manage administrative duties of team including reports, metrics, budget and adherence to compliance and safe work practices
- Provide technical consultation on engine & package reliability & durability throughout the business including RCA, supplier and field support.
- Lead and provide the key technical direction to large projects with critical business impact.
- Define work packages and tasks to create impactful on products and technologies, support the planning process and analyze skill gaps within the business.
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external INNIO costumer using reports, records, and letters.
- Bachelor of Science / Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry,
- At least 8 additional years of experience in an engineering capacity in the area of recip engines and mechanical simulation including thermal, structural and dynamic simulations incorporating steel alloys, cast irons and aluminum alloys
- At least 2 years of experience with technical or functional leadership of a team of simulation engineers
- Knowledge on CAD/PLM software such as CATIA, Pro-E, Windchill
- Expert knowledge on CAE software such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, FE-Safe, FEMFAT, PISDYN, RINGPAK, GT-Suite
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and supervise engineers
- Expert at design optimization and use of tools such as design of experiments to optimize topology and materials
- Proficient in engine new product development including specification development, project planning & tracking, and delivering results on schedule
- Working knowledge in test method creation, data analysis techniques/tools, and related engine test calculations
- Proficient in leading and mentoring others in diagnosing and resolving problems related to engine hardware failures
- Proficient in developing strategies and executing them
- Self-starter, accountable, results oriented, and strong interpersonal & facilitation skills
- Outward looking, clear communicator and open to new concepts and ideas
- Master's Degree in engineering from an accredited college or university
What we offer:
- An innovative and international working environment
- Flexible working time model (depending on position and role)
- Health We Care Program - including company sport activities
- Moving cost support for new employees in accordance with policy
- Good connections to public transport - station in direct proximity
- Transportation cost support in accordance with policy
- One of the best canteens in the area with healthy and various meals
- Attractive location in the heart of the alps which provides various outdoor sport and other leisure possibilities
The base pay is composed of the amount according to the Austrian collective agreement which is at least EUR 3614,05 gross per month (x 14) and an overpayment depending on your qualifications and experience.
This is a SPB position.