OMV Downstream / Refining & Marketing
Senior Expert Energy Trading & Risk Management (ETRM) (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Play an active role in defining the ETRM system strategy and in the implementation of fit for purpose solution; Unterstanding of interdependencies with Downstream and Group wide projects such as SAP S/4 Hana and Downstream Digitalization
- Support actively the sourcing strategy for ETRM system and operations, take over tasks in the implementation within Downstream IT and across involved Business Units
- Closely collaborate with DS Gas and Oil trading BUs and efficiently manage crucial interfaces
- Be one of the main shareholders and support the implementation and enhancement of trading tools, interfaces and services to reach maximum value for Downstream Energy and Trading Business
- Optimize existing trading IT processes and share market best practices as well as observe and understand technology trends and assure state of the art software development ETRM within DS
- Ensure application service continuity according to defined IT processes, Service Level Agreements and defined quality standards including smooth transition from projects to operations
- Take on leadership for selected areas to allocate and steer resource capacities of internal and external needed resources (including capabilities)
- Continously strive for operational excellence in Downstream IT by challenging the status quo, identifying gaps, potential synergies and major pain points and developing new improvement ideas to optimize business organizations, processes and systems
- Master / Diploma degree with focus on Trading related studies and at least 9 years of relevant working experience n the energy trading sector, with a focus on front end oil trading as an upside
- Sound experience in IT strategy development and IT architecture (e.g. cloud based implementation) integration with enterprise application landscapes and experience in managing continuous integration as well as proven track record in the energy trading sector, cross commodities (physical and financial) with involvement in IT implementation projects
- Strong background in understanding functional requirements front-to-back deal lifecycle, portfolio management, risk management and respective IT systems within the commodity trading business (e.g. ETRM, Market Data Management, Market Gateway solutions)
- Good knowledge of wholesale energy markets, regional sales markets as well as market rules and regulations in the energy sector preferable in the oil sector
- Experience with Endur or other equivalent ETRM systems with relevant implementation experience and proven track record to handle complex and difficult business situations
- Keen eye on and interest in customer experience as well as knowledge of IT and OT systems
- Very strong communication, interpersonal, moderation and presentation skills
- Fluency in English, additional German and other language skills are advantageous
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 68.030, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.