OMV Upstream / Exploration & Production
Senior Expert Well Engineering (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Accountable for highly complex functional tasks / assignments across a wide variety of Well Engineering operating environments including land and offshore operations
- Provide discipline specific technical guidance
- Make contributions to improve processes and the sequence of work activities, adopt Well Engineering best practice and participate in company level audits and reviews
- May undertake work within the broader Well Engineering discipline
- Provide technical guidance and may mentor less experienced colleagues
- Actively promote continuous performance improvement
- Ensure change management procedures are implemented fully where required
- Support operational personnel on all technical aspects of drilling program
- University degree Master/Diploma in Petroleum Engineering with at least 7 years relevant professional experience
- Legal person according mining law in Austria ("abgelegtes Zeugnis der Kenntnis der bergrechtlichen Vorschriften lt. MinRoG")
- Fluent command of English and German
- Good communications skills, team oriented working style
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 68030, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.