Lead Front-end Developer - React (m/f)
for outdoor/winter sports online start-up in Vienna
CheckYeti is the leading marketplace to search, compare and book winter and summer outdoor activities. After significant growth over the last 12 months CheckYeti today features 10,000+ activities in more than 900 holiday destination in 14 European countries.
We're looking for an experienced front-end developer to lead the transformation of our website into a Single Page Application / Progressive Web App. If you enjoy working in a dynamic and fun environment where you can have a direct impact then CheckYeti is your place.
OUR TECHNOLOGY AND WAY OF WORKING
- We work with React, Redux, Less, Webpack in the front-end and Grails, Spring in the back-end
- For our CI/CD pipeline we use Jenkins, docker, Ansible and AWS
- We work in small release cycles with 3-5 releases a week; we use Kanban as agile methodology and focus on delivering value to the customer
- We interact directly with everyone in the company, from the founders to marketing, business development, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- In case you qualify for the lead role: Manage the development cycle of selected projects and sub-products, incl. requirements gathering, technical architecture and management of developers
- Front-end development and transition of our web platform into a Single Page Application & Progressive Web App
- Development of new SPAs for our sub products
- Proactively contribute to UX/design, development standards and technologies used
- Write end-to-end, component and unit tests to ensure high quality and well tested features
- Ensure consistent and predictable delivery with a focus on performance, compatibility and security
- Stay on top of current technology trends and monitor the design, performance and advancement of similar products across the online travel/activities booking industry
- 5+ years of front-end development experience
- For the lead role: Experience with leading a development team
- Knowledge of ReactJS/ES6, Redux, HTML5, CSS3, LESS or Sass, WebPack
- Experience in TDD, BDD using tools such as Jest, Enzyme, WebDriver.io, Mocha, Karma or Chai is a plus
- Familiarity with Progressive Web Apps best practices is a plus
- A strong sense for good screen design/usability combined with very high quality standards
- Experience with consumer-oriented web products, ideally e-commerce and/or online booking platforms
- Desire to take ownership and ability to thrive on that (taking on responsibility is expected)
- High level of personal commitment and flexibility
- Hands-on team player, active communicator and open for feedback
- Fluency in English is essential as it's the working language, German is an advantage
- A valid visa/work permit to live and work in the EU/Austria is required
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting senior role in our core development team with great freedom to initiate and implement own ideas
- An ambitious & experienced team with a clear vision in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Technical and management coaching by the CTO
- Work-time dedicated to learning and access to a wide range of tech trainings
- Regular team events (sledging, skiing, rafting, pub quiz, laser tag, game night...)
- Based in Vienna (officially the best city on this planet to live in ;)
- Relocation support (if applicable)
- Attractive salary + performance-based bonus
Visit www.checkyeti.com for more information about CheckYeti.
Please send your CV incl. a strong letter of motivation to email@example.com.