OMV Downstream / Refining & Marketing
Expert Data Integration Engineering (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Building, managing and optimizing data pipelines and then moving data pipelines and ensuring that the data parses through the built-in replication and curation module and data is then processed through to the landing area in the data lake
- Guaranteeing compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving and operationalizing integrated and reusable data pipelines
- Building metadata data will be a strong component in this role and mapping to source systems developed and understood within the data lake
- Learning and using modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques
- Standardizing data according to Oil & Gas Industry data models
- Recommending -- or sometimes even automating -- existing and future integration flows
- Performing intelligent sampling and caching
- Collaborating with data engineers and other data consumers and work on the newly developed Schemas within the data lake in order to optimize them for data quality, security and governance and put them into production leading to potentially large productivity gains
- Master / Diploma degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Business Informatics data management disciplines including data integration, optimization, and/or other areas directly relevant to data integration engineering responsibilities and tasks
- Strong experience with popular database programming languages including [SQL, PL/SQL] for relational databases and certifications on upcoming [NoSQL/Hadoop oriented databases] for non-relational databases
- Familiar with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, Lucene/Solr)
- Know-how on Reporting Environments, Data Architecture and Data Science and deep knowledge on industry standards (ITIL foundation)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong communication, moderation and presentation skills (incl. capability to report to senior management)
- Distinct ability to work & decide independently
- Excellent English skills
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 59.292, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.