power your research.
Job position in
Become part of Silicon Austria Labs (SAL) - the top research center for electronic based systems (EBS). Unfold the future, unfold yourself.
In the network of science and industry, Silicon Austria Labs offers research in four pioneering divisions:
Sensor Systems, RF Systems, Power Electronics and System Integration. SAL - a great place to research.
Within the System Integration division, we are looking for a leader of the new Research Unit 'Edge Computing'.
Head of Research Unit
SYSTEM INTEGRATION (f/m)
Inffeld Campus TU Graz, Inffeldgasse 25F, 8010 Graz, Austria
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building up a new Research Unit focusing on Edge Computing Systems and Software
- Developing new concepts and architectures for edge computing systems for a broad range of IOT & CPS applications
- Exploring novel SW/HW co-design methodologies for smart, distributed & connected systems, embedded devices and software-defined networking
- Establishing an embedded SW development tool-chain with strong focus on open source SW
- Leading the team towards the creation of scientific excellence and economic impact
- Shaping the research program and project portfolio together with the Division Head and peers
- Budget and resource planning and controlling of research unit
- Setting up and managing of research project together with different industrial and scientific partners
- University graduate (PhD preferred) in computer science, information technologies, electronics engineering or similar
- Excellent knowledge of concepts and architectures of smart & connected embedded systems:
- Microprocessor and DSP architectures and designs
- HW/SW system architectures and co-design
- Embedded real-time SW (OS, Middleware, SW driver)
- Wireless and wired connectivity protocols and interfaces
- You are familiar with:
- IOT applications and related end-to-end architectures from IOT endpoints and edge computing gateways up to the cloud
- Embedded SW development toolchains & open source SW strategies
- Data analytics, ML and AI
- End-to-end security and functional safety
- Multi-year experience in planning and execution of research and development projects with scientific/innovative targets
- Beginning of the employment: as soon as possible
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of EUR 90.000 based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag") and depending on your experience and skills.
Visit us online: silicon-austria-labs.com/career
Apply now: firstname.lastname@example.org