Senior Product Safety and Reliability Engineer (m/f/d)
At Bombardier Transportation, 36,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience.
For our Product Line Light Rail Vehicles (LRV) located in Vienna we are looking to recruit a flexible and motivated Senior Product Safety and Reliability Engineer (m/f/d). The "Senior Product Safety* and Reliability Engineer" performs the safety and reliability processes and activities along the whole lifecycle of BT's products and subsystems. Essential part of this work is the provision of the necessary safety and reliability analyses, based on detailed analyses performed by other specialists in their own technical domains
- Product Safety and Reliability assessment, documentation and validation activities in projects, or supporting Product Families
- Communication, support to other engineering functions, assessors and stakeholders with respect to project or Product Family work
- Lead the Product Safety activities related to the management of incidents, accidents and near-misses
- Planning, reporting and horizontal activities associated with the role
With its specific knowledge and experience, the Senior Product Safety and Reliability Engineer also supports:
- Product Family specification and development;
- Bid and conceptual design;
- Preliminary and detailed design;
- Validation and authorization; furthermore s/he:
- Performs activities during the realization, authorization, operation and field support of the products/subsystems. He/she leads the Product Safety activities related to the management of incidents, accidents and near-misses with BT products and services (Bombardier-internal terminology: Product "Safety Bulletins").
- Interfaces with and supports internal and external stakeholders (engineering, customers, assessors, etc.) for various tasks during the product/system lifecycle. This is specifically intensive during the work in projects;
- Provides implementation feedback and improvement suggestions for BT's Product Safety Management System; for Reliability; and for relevant horizontal initiatives;
- Supports and/or supervises and/or develops "Product Safety and Reliability Engineers";
- Works on complex assignments, high risk matters and projects;
- Provides cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs;
- Provides technical expertise in support of colleagues or departments with less experience in the field of safety and reliability;
- Is a party in BT's document approval process; and in the V-cycle validation activities.
- A university degree (B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent), or an equivalent working experience;
- 3-5 years of working experience postgraduate;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of safety and reliability assessment techniques (FTA, risk matrix, FME(C)A, etc.);
- Experience in the application of relevant software tools (e.g. DOORS, Fault Tree+, etc.) is of benefit;
- Knowledge and experience in the interpretation and application of relevant standards, laws, regulation: may include EN 5012x, MIL-STD-882, IEEE Std 1012, CSM for Risk Assessment, etc.;
- Background knowledge in any particular engineering area (e.g. brakes, etc.) may be beneficial;
- Proven record of relevant safety and/or reliability experience;
- Language: fluent in English
The minimum salary for this position is 2967,26EUR gross / month (14 x) for full-time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement. Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com