200 years #believeinyourself
Working at Erste Group means working together on the future of us all: our customers, our company, each individual.
This takes to believe in yourself and the people around you; as well as to meet others with respect, empathy and understanding of diverse life stories.
Corporate Finance Advisory Analyst/Associate (m/f/d)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
Erste Group's Corporate Finance Advisory team supports clients in improving their capital structure and business portfolio, optimizing working capital and managing market risks, providing thought-provoking inputs to the client's strategic dialogue with the bank. We also actively advise and support clients in the preparation and execution of the purchase, sale and merger of public and private companies. Our overarching aim is to maximize the client's firm value.
- Contribute to the Team in strategic corporate finance proposals to high-profile clients, including all aspects of buy-side and sell-side M&A origination and execution activities
- Prepare presentations, capital structure/debt capacity analyses, transaction documents and valuations (based on trading/transaction multiples and DCF and LBO analyses), with guidance from senior staff where necessary
- Take responsibility for preparation of senior client meetings, and individual work streams in the transaction execution process for demanding clients
- Join client meetings and present select transaction-related deliverables
- University degree (B.A. or M.A.) in finance, business administration or an equivalent degree with extensive background in accounting and corporate finance-related topics
- Previous experience through internship(s) or an analyst position in corporate finance (ideally with a primary focus on capital structure advisory, Project, Acquisition or Leveraged Finance, M&A or Financial Sponsor Coverage) with either an corporate/investment banking department of a leading bank or a well-known corporate finance advisory firm (e.g. Big 4 accounting firm); no specific industry sector experience is required;
- Pay a high level of attention to detail and have a strong numerical background
- Possess a solid understanding of financial modelling, debt structuring, valuation methodologies and have good skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A team player but also able to work independently
- Able to multitask in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent command of English. German language skills would be considered highly beneficial
- An analyst or associate position, depending on your qualification, with excellent career perspectives in a team within the strategic focus of the bank
- We provide you with a very diverse opportunity in an interesting and dynamic field, with a strong pipeline to work on high profile clients and live transactions
- We support your professional and personal development through training and senior mentoring
- We guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 34.193,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: