OMV Downstream / Gas & Power
Senior Expert Risk Control Downstream Gas (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Enforcing full compliance and monitoring the adherence of any activity within the risk management framework for Gas and Power trading and sales
- Ensuring best-practice industry standards for all risk-related activities for Gas and Power trading
- Verification and approval of commodity pricing, market and evaluation models
- Permanent monitoring and reporting on trades, risk exposure and limit utilization in a quantitative manner
- Ensuring the setup of risk measuring components in all relevant systems of the IT landscape
- Daily position modeling, valuation, P&L and credit risk calculation of all transactions within the trading organisation
- Ensuring an accurate risk reporting system and daily risk reporting
- Supporting the continuous optimization of the ETRM system
- University degree (Master/Diploma)
- At least 7 years of experience in Risk Control, Risk Management related functions for energy-based commodity trading company or banking
- Detailed expertise in the energy sector and comprehensive market knowledge as well as very good knowledge and application of trading instruments and risk measures
- Good knowledge and experience with ETRM systems
- Excellent IT skills and analytical accurateness
- Entrepreneurship and complex problems solving competence
- Ability to provide clear and useable advice to superiors and peers as well as to act and decide in a complex and dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively in teams and networks
- Fluency in English
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 68.030, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.