Senior Expert Financial Statements & Closing International (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
- Define IFRS and local GAAP accounting treatments for business processes for the assigned companies, create and align accounting memos and assure correct execution
- Handle and post closing activities according to IFRS and local GAAP standards in close cooperation with other internal departments/functions or local branch offices
- Report monthly and quarterly IFRS packages for Group consolidation in required quality and timeframe
- Prepare and coordinate compilation, auditing and filing of yearly Local GAAP financial statements
- Continuously optimize accounting and reporting processes
- Represent department's interests in SAP S/4 Hana project
- Act as key contact partner and advisor for customers and stakeholders within OMV Group (e.g. Finance and Controlling departments, Finance Managers) as well as auditors (incl. tax and joint venture auditors)
- Participate in and drive cross-functional accounting, process optimization and digitalization/automation projects
- Act as key contact partner for company reorganisations (e.g. mergers, spin-offs, liquidations, acquisitions) and SAP projects (e.g. new set-up, migration, new implemenation of business processes)
- Master degree in Economics / Business Administration / Accounting and/or Certified Accountant for Austrian GAAP (Bilanzbuchhalter) and/or IFRS expert and min. 7 years professional work experience
- Solid know-how of and experience in local GAAP and IFRS accounting and reporting
- Strong SAP FI/CO knowledge required and SAP S/4 HANA experience would be an advantage
- IT affinity with strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in teams and deal with complex accounting subjects, processes and projects
- Open-minded for continuous change and development
- Flexibility and ability to work under time-pressure
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 68030, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.