Asset Accounting Specialists (f/m)
Overview of OMV
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success
We are looking for several Specialists to play a key part in the accounting of various Group companies in compliance with legal standards, internal guidelines and requirements
- Ensures all process work is carried out according to internal procedures and regulations, accurately recorded and reported
- Ensure an accurate and timely fulfilling of all reporting assigned tasks
- Support the internal activities for regular maintenance of department procedures, training materials and processes description
- Ensure and perform accurate and timely fulfilling of all assigned tasks related to Fixed Assets process
- Ensures compliance and internal controls with regards to fixed assets processes (e.g. end-to-end process compliance)
- Ensure an accurate and timely fulfilling of all assigned tasks related to closure of the period
- Provide support for requests from internal stakeholders respectively Business, Controlling, Financial Systems, etc.
- High school level degree in Finance & Accounting with 2-3 years of practical experience or Bachelor degree with min. 1 post Bachelor relevant work experience
- Good Knowledge of Fixed Assets processes (asset classes, post capitalizations and retirements, put in functions, reconciliation of FA register with Trial balance), ensure the proper accounting of fixed assets and investments in accordance with Local legal requirements (GAAP), IFRS and Fiscal area
- Knowledge and skills of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook)
- Good knowledge and application of SAP transactions related to team activity and general knowledge of SAP transactions applicable on department level
- Basic knowledge and understanding of related legislations/norms, internal rules/guidelines
- Experience in working in a shared services organization represents an advantage
- Good Finance & Accounting knowledge and principles applied, preferably gain within the energy sector
- English and German language skills (at least B2)
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 43.866. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.