Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life sciences, the physical sciences, mathematics, and computer science, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees in Administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Head of Communications & Events
In this challenging leadership position you are responsible for the management of the division communications and events including the strategic development and supervision of internal and external communication and outreach activities: Shape the view of how IST Austria is perceived by the public eye. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Development, management and execution of the external communication strategy in close consultation with the leadership of the Institute
- Brand management of IST Austria (corporate identity, corporate design)
- Leading and developing the teams for communications and events (2 team leaders, altogether 16 colleagues)
- Rethinking our internal communication processes and tools and bringing them to the next level
- Engaging in and supervising the organization of scientific (eg lectures, conferences) and non-scientific (eg open campus day, institute retreat) events as well as of visits to the Institute by stakeholders and the interested public
- Developing and managing outreach activities to bring science to the public
- Dealing with non-financial reporting to the federal ministry and the government of Lower Austria
- Long-standing experience within the field of communications & events as well as a proven record of developing & implementing communication strategies
- Active communications & media network
- Strong leadership experience & work experience in an international setting
- Excellent command of English and German (verbally and in writing)
- Distinct strategic and highly developed communication skills
- Proactive attitude combined with a solution-oriented and innovative approach
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.)
Interested to learn more about this position? Please send your application by e-mail to:
email@example.com or contact Heidi Binishofer, People Services,
0043 2243 9000-1123
For this position we offer an annual salary of EUR 80,000 gross, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations. For more information including your rights as a data subject please refer to our data privacy statement: https://ist.ac.at/data-protection/.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at