Expert Financial Statements & Closing Europe (f/m)
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development.
Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success.
Please note that for this position we are supported by the Deloitte Consulting GmbH in the application management process.
- Support coordination of IFRS and Local GAAP accounting treatments for business processes for the assigned companies or for selected accounting or reporting topics, assist in preparing accounting memos and assure correct execution
- Handle and post monthly closing activities according to IFRS and local GAAP standards in close cooperation with other departments / functions or local branch offices (e.g. Controlling, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Fixed Assets, Cost Accounting)
- Report monthly and quarterly IFRS packages for Group consolidation in required quality and timeframe
- Prepare and coordinate compilation, auditing and filing of yearly Local GAAP financial statements
- Calculate current and deferred income taxes
- Report regularly and ad hoc to public authorities and institutions (e.g. Statistical bodies, National Banks, Fiscal authorities)
- Act as contact person for customers and stakeholders within OMV Group (e.g. Finance and Controlling departments, Finance Managers) as well as auditors (incl. tax and joint venture auditors)
- Participate in cross-functional accounting, process and reporting optimization and digitalization/automation projects
- Bachelor Degree in Economics / Business Administration / Accounting; Certified Accountant (e.g. Bilanzbuchhalter or international equivalent) and/or IFRS expert is a plus
- At least 5 years or relevant work experience after Bachelor in the Area of local GAAP and IFRS accounting and reporting SAP (FI/CO) experience would be a strong advantage
- Strong communication and analytical skills as well as IT affinity
- Process-oriented thinker with the ability to work in teams who is open-minded for continuous change and development
- flexibility and ability to work under time-pressure
- Fluency in English language, German would be an advantage
What to expect from OMV:
Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR EUR 59.292,- all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.