Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world's first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since February 2019, mytaxi is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler. Within 2019, mytaxi will rebrand to FREE NOW.
mytaxi today works with 600 employees in 26 offices and is available in around 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is the CEO of mytaxi. More information is available at: www.mytaxi.com
General / Country Manager Austria (m/f/d)
mytaxi are looking to hire a dynamic, commercial and customer focussed Country Manager (m/f/d) with responsibility for driving operational excellence and growth across Austria.
- Own the mytaxi regional business - accountable for all aspects of the business units from strategy & positioning in market, P&L and everything through to day-to-day execution
- Lead in-country expansion into new territories including evaluating, driving, and executing M&A opportunities, forming partnerships and alliances, and leading all post-acquisition, cross-functional integration activities across mytaxi's business activities
- Lead the mytaxi vision locally and be the brand advocate for all customers (drivers, passengers & businesses) within the company
- Actively monitor key business metrics, and continuously look for new opportunities for growth within region
- Drive growth, challenging the status quo debating strategic issues and opportunities to support improved country performance
- Lead country teams to deliver an efficient and effective service to all our customers in line with the wider business strategy
- Put in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems, closely monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets, and take remedial action where necessary
- Deal with the press, regulators and government to lobby effectively for the taxi industry and mytaxi's role within that
- Promote mytaxi's profile in country, and ensure productive relations with the authorities, - e.g. establish and maintain productive partnerships
- Take personal accountability for all functions either through functionally competent staff or as an individual. Ensure each business function has aligned and appropriate performance goals, regular assessment of achievement and necessary redirections, individuals are developed, and capable people are hired and retained to the team
Leadership & people management
- Be a networker within the taxi industry in a multicultural environment
- Build, lead, motivate and develop a cross functional team across operations, marketing and sales
- Ensure teams are capable, motivated, and are given the appropriate level of direction to achieve their best for the local business
- Be focused on creating an agile working environment where priorities are constantly revaluated
- Excel in stakeholder management, internally and externally, with central and local teams
P&L management & commercial acumen
- Support in the delivery of P&L and KPI targets within agreed timeframes
- Continuously assess the performance of the business, from a rigorous quantitative angle, taking corrective action where required
- Ability to spot opportunities to create or improve revenue streams. Take ideas from concept through to realisation. Experience of working with 3rd parties
- Demonstrating a clear understanding and passion for all customers in your market
- Devise, deliver & evaluate value propositions for drivers, passengers and businesses
- Optimise the day-to-day operations including matching supply & demand, customer services, driver liaison, business sales & marketing activity
- Build relationships and represent mytaxi with external stakeholders, including government, regulators, trade and driver organisation as well as local media
Desired experience, behaviours & values
- You are willing to travel within the country, to our Hamburg headquarters and to other international company meetings.
- You are very comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in an extremely fast-paced environment where new opportunities arise frequently and the global environment changes on a near daily basis. Need to be able to help shelter or support your team as appropriate
- You have previous experience of leading successful senior teams and owning P&Ls
- You have solid experience of quickly scaling a business or a division within a bigger business
- You have ideally worked in a tech/digital environment and understand how product, engineering, marketing, sales and operations fit together
- You have the ability to work with flexibility, autonomy, and maintain effective time management with a continued focus on activity and outcomes
- You are a confident self-starter with a bias to action
- You have exceptional communication skills and gravitas. Comfortable influencing at multiple levels.
- You ideally have experience of working with government and governing bodies.
What can we offer you?
Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshopsA monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, have your birthday off!...and all the usual start-up goodies! Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it's true)!
We pay a minimum salary according to the „Kollektivvertrag für die Angestellten in den Fahrschulen Österreichs, Gewerkschaft der Privatangestellten Druck, Journalismus, Papier". Depending on skills and experience we have the willingness to overpay that.
mytaxi Austria GmbH
Lazarettgasse 9, 1090 Wien