OMV Downstream / Refining & Marketing
Senior Expert Construction Management (f/m)
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success. Discover the exciting world of OMV.
- A senior construction manager is responsible for implementing the preconstruction and construction phase. Manage higher complexity construction projects identifying and providing solutions.
- Mentor, coach and develop other Construction Mangers. Provide subject matter expertise in construction management.
- Ultimate construction site representative of Project Owner and Project Manager towards contractors and subcontractors to ensure unobstructed execution in construction "field" site
- Coordinator of all necessary actions regarding construction site specific issues on high priority with ultimate power of prompt decision
- Responsible for completion of company construction projects as assigned. Ensure that coordination and regular communication of overall project occurs between design professionals, construction, real estate and others involved in the planning and construction of company projects.
- Take care for key construction strategies with special respect to exceptional transports and heavy lifting, logistic and facilities and constructability reviews.
- Coordinating day-to-day the contractors/involved parties at site including operation and maintenance to assure safe, smooth and frictionless progress.
- Master / Diploma degree in mechanical engineering, construction management or equivalent technical discipline
- At least 9 years of professional experience plus international experience
- Strong cross disciplinary technical and economic understanding of all impacts for construction management and project management
- Sound knowledge of corresponding laws and regulations, international and company codes and standards, respective company guidelines, etc
- Solid leadership and communication skills
- Fluency in English, good German skills
What to expect from OMV:
- Our aim is to create an inclusive work environment and culture, where people from all backgrounds can contribute and flourish. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- As part of our People strategy to develop and increase our female leadership representation, we welcome female applicants
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 68.030,-, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Schwechat, Austria
In the meantime, we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with news, articles and jobs.
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.