(Sr) Systems Engineer
Join us as we "DRIVE PAYMENTS AT THE SPEED OF CHANGE".
At ACI Worldwide, we are ACHIEVERS, COLLABORATORS, INNOVATORS. We come together from across the GLOBE with a singular goal - to POWER global commerce with our INNOVATIVE technology solutions.
ACI Worldwide, the Universal Payments company, powers electronic payments and banking for more than 5,100 financial institutions, retailers, billers and processors around the world. ACI software processes $14 trillion in payments and securities transactions for more than 300+ of the leading global retailers, and 18 of the top 20 banks worldwide. We have a definitive vision of how electronic payment systems will look in the future and we have the knowledge, scale and resources to deliver it. As a Systems Engineer in Salzburg you too can help us drive payments at the speed of change.
Implements, configures and plays a lead role in the design of complex systems for internal and external customers. Assists in performing analysis on existing systems as well as system maintenance. Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- Understand and Adhere to all Corporate Policies to include but not limited to ACI Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
- Provides production centric architectural and operational oversight for the development of new or enhanced services and/or products.
- Engineers, configures, and assists in the architecting of complex technical solutions for applications/systems implementations and upgrades based on specific business requirements. Solutions may be new, existing, in-house, third party or a combination.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company's products. Assists in the formulation and execution of test plans for Proof of Concepts.
- Performs day-to-day and complex system administration and monitoring tasks for assigned systems. Works with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve technical system problems in a timely manner with a primary focus on complex problems.
- Supports development, QA and product teams by providing high-level analysis and AOD environment based design reviews, performance, scalability and benchmark test guidance, and subject matter expertise in technology and design.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of technical experience in product architecture and/or production IT environments
- Previous experience in designing and/or implementing systems with a focus on scalability and high-availability.
- Linux or Unix knowledge (we run our platform on LINUX)
- High analytical skills and critical understanding of NFRs
- Experience with an automation/configuration management/orchestration system (ansible, puppet, salt, chef, etc.)
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting development and production environments.
- Understanding the electronic and digital online payment, understand modern best practices of the payment ecosystem/businesses
- Ability to work in a high-pressure situation with tight deadlines at times.
- Flexibility and fast learner as well as having the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively across all levels of the ACI organization
- Self-motivated, dynamic, creative and results-oriented person
- Fluency in English is must and German or other languages is a plus
What You Can Expect From Us:
We are an agile, dynamic and multicultural company. Talents can make a difference and support our customer every single day. What awaits you:
- A fair salary package and a lucrative employer-funded pension
- Work-Life-Balance with flexible working hours, home-office opportunity and 27 vacation days
- Personal development through individual trainings, language courses, workshops and seminars
- Personal benefits, such as price reduction at the gym your choice
- Free coffee as well as fresh fruits every day and free drinks
- We celebrate achievements together with: team events, summer festival, Oktoberfest and Christmas party and several other social hours
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please use the apply-button. We're looking forward to receive your application (including cover letter with salary expectations and notice period or possible entry, CV and certificates).