200 years #believeinyourself
Working at Erste Group means working together on the future of us all: our customers, our company, each individual.
This takes to believe in yourself and the people around you; as well as to meet others with respect, empathy and understanding of diverse life stories.
Industry Leader / Director (f/m/d) for TMT & Services Team
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
Erste Group Large Corporates follows a dedicated approach for key clients coverage, based on sector/industry specialization, regional and product expertise, in order to be in the position to act as a trusted advisor to the client. The Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) & Services Group is one of the five core teams in Group Large Corporates and responsible for group-wide TMT & Services industry development and client coverage of Erste Group's large TMT & Services clients with a track record of executing high profile deals.
- Define and develop a concrete business strategy on continuing basis considering relevant industry trends, top client priorities and business leads (business impact, transaction probability) based on industry insights and anticipatory industry view;
- Build relevant strategic/industry network incl. key clients, specialized consultants, relevant officials or regulators etc.;
- Proactively develop and execute client engagement strategies, orchestrate relevant internal stakeholders (product, countries, risk) and ensure efficient resource allocation;
- Central point of contact for the defined group of customers -direct and frequent communication with top clients' senior management (e.g. board members and top management of large multinational organizations); recognized as trusted advisor and preferred banker for top clients both inside and outside the organization;
- Propose strategic strategic funding considerations and product solutions based on clients' strategy and need (include the perspective of market developments and surveys as well as out-of-the-box thinking);
- Self-responsible collaboration and alignment with all relevant internal stakeholders (product, countries, risk, etc…);
- Foster group-wide sector development in ensuring knowledge transfer and incentivizing cross-border/function sector collaboration;
- Manage the internal decision making & approval process;
- Negotiate complex terms and conditions, finalize loan and collateral documentation (in cooperation with legal department);
- A master degree is of advantage but at least 5 years of corporate banking and sector expertise and therefore a demonstrated reputation as an expert corporate figure on the market is a prerequisite
- Affinity to the TMT industry, telecommunications and electronic tools, internet, new media and digitalization and innovation as such
- Responsible attitude with the ability to take pro-active initiative while acting in a most reliable and structured manner at the same time
- Facilitate trust building and common sense
- Open minded & communicative personality
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills with a motivation to work as a team player in multidisciplinary and cross cultural transaction teams; in particular ability to lead younger team members
- Economic and political understanding, robust financial and analytical skill set, understanding of financial modelling and valuation is a plus
- Organizational, deal management and priority-setting skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint; experience with specific research and analysis tools such as Bloomberg is of advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and German; CEE languages are of advantage
- We offer to work in one of the most successful regional corporate clientele coverage units embedded in one of the leading and most innovative banking groups in Austria and CEE with a 200 years history
- We enable working in an international and diverse environment with special commitment towards the CEE region
- We guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 38.052 gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement
- Your hub will be at the new Erste Campus in Vienna
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: