OMV Upstream / Exploration & Production
(Senior) Experts Application Development Upstream Surface (f/m)
OMV produces and markets oil and gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 23 bn and a workforce of more than 20,000 employees in 2018, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success. Discover the exciting world of OMV.
Be part of the Digital Journey of Upstream Digital Excellence and become a frontrunner in the industry.
We are looking for Experts and Senior Experts to focus on mainstream application development and support resource and provide innovative solutions globally to business needs
- Analyze, design, code, test and implement application enhancements, as well as provide general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects
- Utilize and participate in the full system development life cycle, per current Organizational SDLC standards
- Collaborate with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions
- Provide required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24x7 supports when necessary
- Actively participate on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to Developer or Technical Lead based upon level of experience
- Effectively communicate with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling/facilitating/promoting/ vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation
- Defines sound proposals to improve procedures and guidelines and provides input for policies. Provides clear, useable advice to superiors & peers. Actively contributes to internal discussions and questions status-quo (Senior Expert only)
- Lead and take over responsibility within the development and surface team as well as for the budgeting (Senior Expert only)
- Min. Bachelor's degree in IT Management / Computer Science / Business Informatics / Mathematic / Petroleum Engineering / Geoscience
- Min. 5 years post Bachelor's work experience in setting up DevOps environment, proficiency with version control, automated testing and CI/CD pipeline. Experience in Upstream Oil & Gas is a plus but is not mandatory
- Working with Cloud components - preferably GCP or Azure - for systems integration in a hybrid, heterogeneous data-centric applications landscape
- Experience in setting up in an agile development environment in a distributed team
- Willingness to travel as necessary
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience.
- The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 52.929 all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.