Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE (Interreg CE) is a funding programme that is part of EU Cohesion Policy. It co-finances transnational cooperation projects, which work across borders on regional challenges and needs. The main objective is to make central European cities and regions better places to live and work. The total programme budget is around 246 million Euro from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for the years 2014-2020. The programme area covers nine central European countries: Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia, as well as parts of Germany and Italy. Public and private organisations from these countries can form transnational project partnerships and apply for funding from the programme. Funded projects work on regional challenges in the fields of innovation, low-carbon economy, environment, culture and transport. Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE is managed by the City of Vienna in its function as Managing Authority (MA). The vacant position is in the international Joint Secretariat (JS). The JS is based in Vienna and reports to the MA and the Monitoring Committee (MC), which is made up of representatives from the programme countries.
Further information about the programme can be found at www.interreg-central.eu.
We are currently recruiting a
Financial Officer for Technical Assistance (m/f)
The selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
Technical Assistance management and monitoring
- Supports the management of the Technical Assistance (TA) budget according to the approved JS work programme
- Keeps TA level of spending monitored
- Prepares annual and monthly accounts according to internal procedures
- Collects and archives invoices related to TA
- Verifies adherence to internal administration rules
- Prepares all relevant documentation in view of annual controls and audits
- Manages the TA ARGE database and the TA section of the programme electronic Monitoring System (eMS)
- Keeps cash management
- Prepares, compiles and administers data and documents for internal use (staff working/attendance sheets, travels and holidays sheets, etc.)
Programme management and monitoring
- Supports the preparation of programme management documents (annual work plans, annual and final implementation reports, etc.) in cooperation with the Head of Office
- Supports the preparation and revision of the programme TA manual in cooperation with the Head of Office
- Supports the planning and preparation of public procurement procedures in coordination with the Head of Office and the MA
- Prepares contracts with service providers and consultants
- Verifies the delivery of ordered products and services regarding the factual and arithmetical correctness of invoices
- Supports the preparation, amendment and update of relevant programme documents (programme manuals, JS internal manual, etc.)
Support to JS coordination and management
- Participates in monthly JS coordination meetings
- Supports the management of office supplies as well as the liaising with local and international suppliers
- Supports the organisation of staff trainings
Qualifications and selection criteria
The selection of the Financial Officer for Technical Assistance will be based on qualifications and criteria listed below. Only candidates that meet the minimum required qualifications will be considered. Applications from the Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE Programme area (Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia) are encouraged.
- Secondary school education in relevant discipline(s) (e.g.: accounting, business administration, public administration, economics) or professional equivalent experience;
- At least 3 years of working experience in the field of accounting/bookkeeping, office administration or project financial management at a level comparable to the qualification referred to the position refering to this vacancy;
- Excellent command of English and German languages;
- Advanced user of MS-Excel and MS-Word;
- Be national of a Member State of the European Union or hold a valid working permit.
- University degree or training certificates in disciplines related to the position;
- Additional years of experience in the field of accounting/bookkeeping, office administration or project financial management.
Desirable personal profile
- Good organisational skills, accuracy and assertiveness;
- Good analytical skills;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Ability to respect deadlines;
- Independence combined with co-operative working approach;
- Sense of initiative and ability to anticipate, propose and implement solutions;
- Ambition to work in an international environment and willingness to work on a flexible time schedule.
Terms and conditions for employment
- The working place is Vienna (Austria)
- The employment contract will be established with EU-Förderagentur GmbH, a subsidiary body of the City of Vienna, under Austrian private law
- Working at the JS shall start at the earliest possible date following the conclusion of the selection procedure and will last two years (including a one-month probation period). The contract can be further prolonged according to performance of the employee
- The employment is foreseen on a 40 hours per week basis plus overtime hours depending on needs. Overtime hours carried out in addition to the standard working time can be either paid out or converted into compensatory time off - with limitations
- The work of the employee will be supervised and coordinated by the Head of Joint Secretariat
- The annual salary will depend on professional background and experiences, starting from at least EUR 45.000,- gross per year. Net salary will strongly depend on individual taxation
- Working language is English.
- Shortlisting of candidates and interview: Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview in Vienna. The interview will last approximately 45 minutes and will be followed by a practical exercise. Inclusion in the short-list does not guarantee any appointment.
- Confidentiality: Candidates are reminded that the selection is confidential. All enquiries or requests for information or documentation in relation to the selection should be addressed to the address referred below. Candidates are asked to report any potential change of contact information in writing without delay.
- Equal Opportunities: The programme applies an equal opportunities policy without distinction on the grounds of sex, racial or ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Submission of application
Interested individuals are invited to apply online via this online system.
The application shall include:
To upload the CV and motivation letter (in PDF) follow the instructions in the online application tool.
EU-Förderagentur GmbH seeks to attain gender balance within the Wien Holding Group and encourages applicants of both genders to apply for this position. Applicant data will be managed according to the Law on Data Protection, Austrian Federal Law Gazette No. 165/1999 last modified by No. 14/2019. Please note that the information submitted by the candidates and the selection process documentation might be shared with other departments of EU-Förderagentur GmbH, the programme MC, the MA and the JS.
The deadline for submitting applications is 22 May 2019
Interviews will take place in Vienna in June 2019.
For questions related to the present vacancy please contact the JS at: Info@interreg-central.eu.