Engineering Manager (m/f)
Pipelife is a business unit within the Wienerberger Group and one of the world's leading suppliers of plastic pipe systems, currently present in 26 countries. We manufacture and market a wide range of quality pipe systems, providing tailor-made solutions for municipal infrastructure as well as for the industrial and house-building sector.
Pipelife is now focusing on the development of Manufacturing Excellence and is therefore looking for a skilled and ambitious Engineering Manager.
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage construction projects (greenfield, expansion, rebuilding and improvements etc.) at production plants.
Reporting directly to the CTO of the Pipelife group, the person in this role will support the Engineering department's objective to provide project management, construction, and building design to ensure projects are designed and built to quality, cost, schedule and safety KPIs for all Pipelife plants.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Execute building construction projects for the Pipelife Group
- Design new plants and extrusion line Layouts
- Plan for the arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout
- Inspect performance of machinery, equipment and tools to verify their efficiency and investigate and initiate corrective action of problems and deficiencies
- Employ Lean Manufacturing principles in the development of long-term plant process and layout proposals
- Be aware of safety topics, find solutions that eliminate or minimize safety risks
- Ideal candidates will possess 10 years+ of relevant work experience in building design and construction
- Profound educational background in Mechanical Engineering
- Capable of designing and specifying professional installations, knowledge on water and electricity installations
- Experience with the set-up of extrusion lines, with extrusion tools and related Equipment
- Lean Manufacturing/ Six Sigma experience is a plus, educated in Safety Management
- Very good English skills, further language skills preferable
- Profound user of AutoCAD or similar systems and capable of making professional drawings
- Pragmatic, hands-on and solution-oriented attitude with good communication skills and intercultural awareness
- Proactive, showing commitment and entrepreneurial mindset
- High level of responsibility and resilience
- Independent, structured and accurate way of working
Willingess to travel a lot (up to 70%)
You will work in an international team within a highly diverse and multi-cultural organization. Your office will be in the Headquarters in Vienna or - upon agreement - in one of our major European locations. The position requires frequent business travels to our production sites with location all over Europe.
An attractive workplace at our headquarters in the Wienerberg City in a dynamic environment and international team with the development opportunities of an international acting group is awaiting you.
The monthly minimum gross salary for a local contract amounts to EUR 3.164,-- according to the collective bargaining agreement. We offer a market-compliant remuneration package reflecting your experience and qualification plus additional variable remuneration parts as well as attractive employee benefits.
If you're interested in taking up this challenge with Pipelife, we are happy to receive your online application (online) including a motivational letter. Our offer addresses likewise female and male applicants.
Bewerben Sie sich jetzt
+43 1 60192 10152
Zum LinkedIn Profil