For 80 years now, Lenzing has been looking beyond fiber. Inspired by the needs of the world, we create smart and exciting solutions made from natural wood - for consumers, for our business partners, and for an environment worth living in. Our expertise and passion are dedicated to support the industry, brands and retailers - in sectors like fashion, beauty care or hygiene - by providing products and services that maximize value creation from both the environmental and the economical perspective. Our tenacity and engineering excellence also drive the development of innovative plant & process technologies. Lenzing offers great career opportunities for tech-savvy tinkerers, life-oriented researchers and visionaries with a strong sense of responsibility. We are innovative by nature. How about you?
For the Business Unit Pulp & Wood, located in Lenzing, we invite experienced legal experts to submit applications for the role as
Legal Counsel Pulp & Wood
Ref No: 1284
Purpose & key responsibilities of the role:
- Autonomously advise on, plan, lead, organize and control all legal aspects of the group's Global Pulp & Wood operations; solve complex legal questions and challenges of the group's business transactions
- Provide legal solutions and guidance on strategic investment projects, internal affairs, directors, M&A deals, executives, stockholders, and corporate relationship with public or other stakeholders and ensure global corporate governance
- Research legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable law and advise executives on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals
- Check contracts (including risk analysis and risk minimizing), draft & negotiate contracts or other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights, overcoming and circumventing potential legal obstacles in contracts
- Create and keep standard forms and contracts up to date. Provide standard contracts (eg agency agreement, conditions of purchase, conditions of sale)
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc), build relations of trust
- Act as corporate secretary for the group's Global Pulp & Wood entities
- Organize trainings to company and its affiliates on substantive global legal, compliance and risk topics
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights, help build a culture of claim avoidance & support claim management
- Execute national and international dispute resolution where needed (court, arbitration, administrative proceedings)
- Engage and coordinate with law firms and notaries worldwide (cost/ time saving)
- Prepare board and supervisory board presentations
Our expectations for this exciting role:
- Considerable experience in working in a corporation or law firm with extensive insights to business practice, corporate and contract law at an international level, related technical knowledge
- University degree, Bar exam, LL.M in civil or common law system, experience in other legal systems preferred
- Hands-on, can do approach with intercultural sensitivity, strong negotiation skills, assertiveness & ability to work in a multicultural team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence key decision makers and / or stakeholders across all levels
- Fluent in German and English (min. ALTE level 5), as well as specialized legal related German and English language skills
We offer a global environment, an exciting investment project and development opportunities, as well as performance-oriented pay in the Lenzing Group. The annual compensation is set within the framework of the collective agreement of the chemical industry, and will also depend on qualifications and experience. Additionally you will take part in the Lenzing bonus system.
Motivated and qualified?
I look forward to your confidential online application in German or English.
Your contact person: Julia Zhang-Zedrosser