BehaviorQuant is a dynamic, highly innovative FinTech start-up in the field of Behavioral Finance and Behavioral Science. To expand our interdisciplinary team, we are looking for a Head of Development/Full-stack Senior Lead Developer who will be responsible for the technical vision, development, and execution of our technologies and product lines. You will work closely with BehaviorQuant's executive management team in the planning, analysis, and execution of the company's overall vision and strategy.
Head of Development/ Senior Full-Stack Developer
What We Offer
- High degree of flexibility and autonomy
- Innovative start-up work environment
- Active bridge to our sister company in San Francisco/Silicon Valley
- Experienced and inspiring interdisciplinary team
- Truly cordial work environment
- Close interaction with subject matter experts in Behavioral Finance, Psychology, Finance, and Business
- Opportunity to develop a science-based product with lots of intellectual challenge --a unique opportunity for curious, open-minded thinkers
- Conception and development of the digital platform architecture
- Development of new products and ideas in a very agile environment
- Transition from existing prototypes to enterprise grade software products
- Selections of relevant future technologies
- Smooth operation of all technological surfaces and interfaces, including
- Web Back-end
- APIs to product partners and information sources
- Web Front-end (reactive/desktop first)
- Database (PostgreSQL)
- Virtual servers, Web servers, Deployment
- Digital platform that has many points of interaction (which are elastic and changeable)
- Work on research projects and implementation of results (AI/machine learning)
- Experience with planning and managing complex digital platforms
- Knowledgeable in scalable software and hardware web technologies
- Preference for working independently, with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- Ability/experience with rapid prototyping of high-level technical specifications
- Interest in creatively developing science-based products
- Team player with strong mentoring skills
- Excellent communication, listening, and project management skills
- Customer-first attitude
- Desire to work with exceptionally talented people in a dynamic small company environment
Experience or knowledge in the following are a plus
- Play Framework and Vue.js
- Charting/visualization of data/reporting
- Fluid survey/assessment data systems
- Fintech, behavioral finance, financial decision making
- Building gamified interactions to collect behavioral data
- Interest in psychological and behavioral data
We are an early stage start-up with an exciting product that has successfully obtained funding from aws and FFG. You will have the opportunity to transform our prototypes into compelling products that will revolutionize the financial space!
Salary: We offer our dream candidate (highly qualified for this position, compatible with our Silicon Valley approach to innovation and team spirit) both a salary that exceeds the collective bargaining agreement (EUR 4,000 ++ gross/month for 40 hours/week) AND participation in the success of the company. We want to succeed as a team and love to align our interests with yours.
About BehaviorQuant https://www.behaviorquant.com
BehaviorQuant disrupts traditional finance with systematic behavioral data of decision makers. We are an exceptional startup in the Behavioral FinTech area. We translate behavior into quantitative data and predictive insight.
Our startup has close ties to Silicon Valley, with a sister company located in the heart of San Francisco where our founders have spent many years developing financial technology.
Join our highly-qualified team in Vienna, and together, let's disrupt traditional finance!
Please send your resume to