Interchange is an FX and Money transfer group of companies operating in serval continents with over 1000 locations. The company was founded over 20 years ago and is in a growth phase with both territory and product expansion. The Austrian business consists of 3 main revenue streams Exchange, Money Transfer and Tax refund. The majority of the business takes place at Vienna Airport where Interchange is exclusive concessionary offering banking services for travelers.
The Senior Finance Manager role reports through to Local Head of Finance. The role is primarily one of control as cash volumes are significant. It includes an end-to-end responsibility starting from sub-ledger & general ledger posting all the way through to commercial analysis. There is significant reporting responsibilities internally, externally and through to group finance in London.
- Maintenance of physical financial records and related systems entries
- Vendor & Customer sub-ledger maintenance and reconciliations
- Ensuring invoices are received, approved and posted
- Performing the payments when needed
- Posting of Money Transfer and Money Exchange Interfaces into Navision daily
- Posting of all necessary journals to account for accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, payroll etc.
- Reconciliation of the interfaces of the systems on the monthly basis
- Reconciliation of the WU subagents transactions
- Reconciliation of Sub Agent bank transfers to and from subagents
- Checking and controlling Cash balances in branch with operations
- Control, approval, filing & reconciliation of the Petty Cash receipts
- Managing the Tax Refund revenues and credit control
- Participation on budgeting process and analysis Actuals vs. Budget
- Support the audit related activities
- Monthly management accounts preparation
- Reporting to Airport, National Bank, Group Finance
- Assisting in the preparing weekly financial reports to Country Managing Director
- Cash Flow reporting and forecasting weekly reports
- Supporting credit control for Western Union Network in Austria
- Ensuring Tax Free companies are returning funds in a timely manner
- Support the country manager
- Ensure that existing commercial arrangements are optimized
- Work with country manager to create optimal pricing strategies increasing profitability
- Gathering and reporting of Airport Statistics
- Liaising with the Group Finance team to resolve variety of queries
- Reporting through on time with added value insights direct to Group Finance.
- Qualified Accountant - 5 years ideally experience on the Austrian market in finance functions
- Excellent English and German - additional recommendate languages skills (Czech, Hungarian, Polish).
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office product experience
- Experience in Navision
Due to lack of collective agreement - the gross salary for this position is budgeted around EUR42.000 per year, depending on qualifications and skillset
Interchange (Austria) GmbH
Please submit your CV in English including all relevant documents and references to Mag. Daniel Pajak