Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life sciences, the physical sciences, mathematics, and computer science, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees in Administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Assistant in the Office of the President
FULL TIME (40h)
This assistant position offers the exciting prospect of joining the Office of the President, working in close cooperation with the Head of the Office in providing support to the President and Vice-President of IST Austria and acting as the first point of contact for staff, board and committee members, as well as the general public. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Scheduling, preparation, and follow-up of meetings and visits
- Travel management and reimbursement
- English and German correspondence
- Ensuring efficient and smooth office operations, support of guests and visitors
- Interface to scientific and administrative staff, board and committee members, cooperation partners, and other external contact persons
- Compilation, proof-reading, and preparation of various documents, minutes, presentations, and reports
- First work experience as a (management) assistant and experience in an international environment (work or studies)
- Completed higher education is advantageous
- Excellent command of German and English (written & spoken)
- High degree of commitment, proactivity, precision, and service-oriented attitude
- Analytical thinking to become quickly familiar with a wide variety of topics, to research and to condense relevant information
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong office computer skills (MS Office: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Position requires a high degree of confidentiality
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.) and free parking places
To apply for this position send your application (including CV, certificates) by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 2,400 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations. For more information including your rights as a data subject please refer to our data privacy statement: https://ist.ac.at/data-protection/.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at