The European Handball Federation and its marketing arm EHF Marketing GmbH have ambitious plans for the future.
Starting in 2020, a new long-term partnership is set to commence with two of the leading companies on the international sports market, Infront and the DAZN Group, which is set to transform the sport.
Digital will play a key role in these plans as the EHF seeks to expand the sport's reach and engage many more millions of sports fans around the world.
A key element of the federation's digital future will be the redevelopment of its online presence including official websites and related mobile apps as well as the implementation of a customer identity and data management platform.
To deliver this major project, the EHF and its marketing company, EHF Marketing GmbH, together with Infront and DAZN Group, are planning to invest in the development of the sport's digital expertise and will be expanding their teams working in the areas of content creation, digital marketing and platform development.
Online Project Manager
As part of these plans, the EHF and EHF Marketing are looking for an 'Online Project Manager' to work full-time out of its headquarters in Vienna, Austria. This is a new role within EHF/M and has been created in order to manage the redevelopment of the EHF websites and related apps, working together with external partners, and to create the best possible look, feel and user experience. The Online Project Manager will also be responsible for the implementation of a new customer identity management and data platform as the EHF seeks personalise its content offering and better understand its fan base.
- Centralising all EHF websites onto one platform and an 'all in one' web experience
- Working on a clear and coherent content presentation including web, app and social media platforms focusing on usability
- Working on an integration process of OTT to website and app
- Visionary but realistic and with the highest grade of automation strategy on content handling
- Implementation and analysis of customer identity management and data management platform
- Close cooperation and communication with all stakeholders, departments within the office and external IT partners and development teams
- Final and recurring testing, check and acceptance of modules and project milestones focusing on presentation and usability
- Analysing content and data as basis for the development of further modules and widgets
- Ensuring online products are cutting edge and meet the latest technology standards
- Optimisation of working processes related to central multi-media content pool and CMS in cooperation with the internal IT and communications department and involved external parties
- Work closely with the EHF Head of IT, EHFM Head of Business Development including documentation and reporting of project milestones
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience managing projects, involving responsive website development, OTT and apps including coordination and project documentation
- Good communication skills including excellent German/English (spoken and written)
- Experience communicating with several audience types, and the ability to tailor communications between clients, stakeholders and engineering teams, as developers on front-end and backend development
- Ability to analyse, make decisions, prioritize, assess with good balance of analytical and creative views
- Comfortable with complex and changing product offering and able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of customer identity management and data management platform
- Experienced with Google analytics or other analytics tools as well as SEO
- Previous experience with facilitating projects involving content management systems and web technologies, web standards as well as understanding of usability principles and accessibility
- Detail-orientated and reliable, with a passion for working on web and digital projects
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the latest digital trends, developments and technologies
- Interested in sports, especially team sports with a good knowledge of competition structures and playing systems
Additional skills to impress us:
- Previous experience as web designer or developer
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team with the willingness and ability to learn
- Strong organisational and project management skills keeping a cool head and positive attitude when executing tasks across accounts
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and consistently handle multiple tasks across multiple clients and teams
- Ability to work in the details but also see the big picture handling changing priorities, while meeting deadlines
About EHF/EHF Marketing GmbH
The EHF is the umbrella organisation for handball in Europe and has 50 member federations. Its tasks include the organisation and management of high-profile handball competitions such as the VELUX EHF Champions League, Women's EHF Champions League and the EHF EURO events.
The federation's diverse range of responsibilities also include: managing player transfers, development and education programmes as well as the promotion of additional forms of the game including beach handball and wheelchair handball.
The EHF's marketing subsidiary, EHF Marketing GmbH, works closely with marketing and media partners, as well as with Europe's leading clubs to release the full potential of the sport on the international sports market. EHF Marketing GmbH is responsible for the marketing and media rights of European club competitions including the VELUX EHF Champions League, the Women's EHF Champions League and the Men's EHF Cup.
60 members of staff work at the EHF headquarters in Vienna, which is home to both the EHF and EHF Marketing GmbH.
More information at: eurohandball.com and the EHF Business Report 2018 (www.ehfoffice.at/businessreport2018)
Vienna: the world's most liveable city
The Austrian capital offers one of, if not the, highest quality of life in world and regularly tops the list of the most liveable cities. Vienna is a well-known tourist destination thanks to its magnificent historic buildings and museums, coffee house culture and its vibrant cultural scene including the world-famous Vienna State Opera House. For its inhabitants, the city also offers excellent health care and education, affordable housing, cheap and efficient public transport, plenty of green spaces and close proximity to the countryside.
Applying for the position
To apply, send your current CV and a covering/motivation letter in English and/or German explaining why you would like to work for the EHF/M and what you feel that you can bring to the role by email to:
European Handball Federation
Position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is based at the EHF Office in Vienna.
Minimum payment EUR 42,000 p.a., negotiable depending on previous experience and educational background.
European Handball Federation
Mag. Nina Kernmayer