EODC specialises in the field of Earth Observation. We operate a cloud computing infrastructure and a multi-petabyte high-speed storage system, connected to Austria's most powerful computer, the VSC-3 (Vienna Scientific Cluster).
The Earth Observation Data Centre (EODC) GmbH is looking to strengthen its IT Operations Team.
Earth Observation (EO) Operations Engineer
What you'll be doing
- Requirements engineering based on needs and visions of stakeholders.
- Implementation and maintenance of operational earth observation (EO) services.
- Foster and ensure the predictability, efficiency, security, and maintainability of EO service and tools.
- Realisation and visualisation of performance indicators of the implemented EO services.
- Continuous data management via the implementation of data lifecycle policies.
- Support IT system engineers in respect to future system architecture planning.
What you'll offer
- Completed education in geodesy, geoinformation sciences, informatics, physical geography, mathematics, or similar.
- Knowledge of key principles of satellite remote sensing, image processing, spectral analysis, photogrammetry and image understanding.
- Very strong experience with scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
- Expierence with Linux environments, distributed computing and database systems.
- Basic understanding of programming languages such as C, C++, Java and Fortran.
What we like
- Fresh ideas, insights and solution-oriented response to challenges.
- Open source-software.
- An ability to explain concepts at varying levels of technical understanding.
- A passion for technology across the board.
- Independent, responsible, and flexible work organisation.
- Exchange, communication and support within the team.
What we'll offer
- Flexible working hours.
- A role in an established, friendly and enthusiastic company.
- A focus on employee growth.
- A space for new ideas and the possibility to examine cutting-edge technology stacks.
- Training opportunities and on-boarding.
- Minimum salary of EUR 36.000,- per annum, full-time (38.5 hours per week), with overpayment depending on qualifications and experience based upon „Collective agreement": „Dienstleistungen in der automatischen Datenverarbeitung und Informationstechnik, KV Gruppe: Spezielle Tätigkeiten 1".
Join an open-minded team and realise your fresh ideas using cutting edge technology stacks.
EODC Earth Observation Data Centre GmbH