Sentry's mission is to empower software development teams to build better products, faster. Our open source crash reporting platform helps almost a million developers and tens of thousands of software teams at some of the internet's most loved websites/apps (Dropbox, Uber, Airbnb, Stripe, Atlassian, and many more) discover, triage, and resolve production software issues, so they can spend less time debugging and more time building software.
As a Mobile SDK Engineer on our client infrastructure team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that are responsible for the client facing operation of Sentry. This includes building and maintaining our mobile SDKs (Android and iOS) that are used to send events to the Sentry backend. You will join our team that is responsible not just for the client SDK work but also the main event processing pipeline. This means you will also be involved in the design and evolution of the APIs used to ingest events into the backend.
Mobile SDK Engineer (m/f/div*)
As Sentry's Mobile SDK Engineer, you will:
- Work in the client infrastructure team to improve and evolve our mobile SDKs
- Use a variety of programming languages, systems, and technologies to own and solve problems related to mobile (Java and Objective-C in the SDK -- on the backend we use primarily Python and Rust)
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we ingest over a billion events every day)
- Write unit and integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers and customers
- Assist Customer Operations to resolve live customer issues when bugs sneak into production caused by the SDKs
You'll love this job if:
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You want to contribute to open source full-time
- You want to work with collaborative, thoughtful engineers who push themselves and others to do better
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
- 4+ years as a Software Engineer and/or related role (e.g. mobile app developer, SDK engineer)
- Strong experience in developing for mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Experience in programming languages used on mobile platforms (Java, Objective-C, Kotlin, C#, Swift, etc.)
- Bonus points for experience with React-Native, Xamarin, or experience maintaining open source libraries
- Live in the Vienna, Austria area or are willing to relocate
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our San Francisco headquarters
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 39.550,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV).