Set your career in motion
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
QA Engineer in Villach, Austria
The accountability of the Regulatory & Compliance Team (R&C) shall be to assure, that the products designed, manufactured and supplied by Flowserve Villach Operation are fully in compliance with national and international standards and regulations as well as with customer specifications. R&C is responsible for the implementation and update of the product specific approvals and certificates. In addition, R&C supports other departments in matters of product safety.
- Translation / interpretation of general customer specifications and creation of associated customer factory standards, international and national standards relating to valves as well as of project-specific customer requirements
- Implementation of product specific customer approvals as well as implementation of product specific approvals for different applications
- Implementation of product specific approvals and certifications for the relevant European Directives and other country specific approvals
- Conduct of product-related risk assessments
- Creation of declarations of conformity
- Creation of manufacturer declarations
- Support of outside and inside sales
- Update of the standards database
- Cooperation in standard committees
- Willingness to learn autonomously comprehensive technical experience with control valves to act as a technical mentor and trainer, to enable effective transfer of knowledge to employees.
- Work on tasks of following subjects/themes in the R&C team.
Themes in particular:
- Process engineering and industrial application of control valves
- Analysis of flow media and their influence on the selection of control valves
- Performance of risk analyses
- Creation of instructions in relation to statutory regulations, product and country approvals
- Contacts to testing laboratories and research institutions and Notified Bodies
- Support in case of damage analysis
- Support for topics related to painting and surface coating
- Support in internal work and process methods
- University or college (FH) graduate in Mechanical engineering, Process engineering or Economic Engineer specialising in mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Third Parties such as Certification Authorities, Technical Organizations and Research Laboratories
- Continuous professional development required (product knowledge, intercultural skills, etc.)
- Knowledge of requirements of industry regulations such as the European Directives and country specific regulations
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- High resilience and organizations talent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Sound command of the English and German languages
- Communicative personality and professional, service oriented manners
- Independent and structured way of working
Required information pursuant to section 9 of the Austrian Treatment Act (GleichbehandlungsG): Minimum yearly gross remuneration as per collective agreement from EUR 40.362,42 p.a. upwards - overpayment depending on qualifications and professional experience.
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process