FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT - GENERAL LEDGER
WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food - and three key drivers of environmental problems - markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF's ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Financial Accountant - General Ledger for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
WWF International in Vienna.
Between EUR39,000 - EUR 42,000 gross per year, based on full-time employment.
Mission of the Department:
To ensure the effective management and control of finances through timely and accurate financial planning, budgeting, accounting and reporting; to ensure compliance with Swiss legal requirements as a result of head office location. To provide guidance and support to the NET, the Network and Practice Leaders on finance related matters. Leads and steers the Finance Community of Practice, and provides best practice guidance and specialist financial support to Network finance practitioners.
To undertake a governance and oversight role and to highlight potential areas of financial and broader risks, putting in place risk management strategies, and to support management decision making though financial reporting and advice.
Leads the financial accounting and reporting activities for the Functions, Practices and Programme Office ("POs"), and sets the policies and procedures for the finance-related operational processes to ensure an adequate financial control environment. Produces the consolidated accounts for WWFI and POs for statutory reporting purposes, and runs the budgeting, forecasting and financial monitoring processes. Provides the systems and systems support to the POs to facilitate financial accounting, reporting, control and consolidation. Produces the consolidated budgets and forecasts of the POs to enable Board oversight. Ensures strong governance, control, oversight and stewardship are in place to enable risk management and mitigation. Manages the finance and operations aspects of project finance.
- Responsible for general ledger accounting and reporting relating to WWF International Secretariat in accordance with WWF accounting principles and reporting schedules.
- Maintains and develops financial internal control process
- Has a key role in the financial consolidation of a portfolio of WWF Programme Offices
- Global WWF International specialist for one or more Oracle E-Business Suite modules andthe related processes. As global process owner, leads the development, testing of newfeatures and upgrades, documentation, help-desk support, and training.
- Prepares and processes monthly journal entries to ensure the complete, accurate and timely accounting in the general ledger of WWF Secretariat.
- Ensures that the balance sheet accounts are reconciled and cleared on a monthly basis
- Regularly reviews the account balances with the relevant departments (e.g. Administration, ICT and HR) and prepares analyses of the balances as needed.
- Reviews trial balances, financial data and reports from a portfolio of WWF Country and Programme Offices and prepares consolidation adjustments as necessary.
- Supports the production of mid-year and year-end financial statements and analytical review for the Secretariat stand-alone financial statements and the consolidated accounts.
- Provides support and training to producers and regional reviewers of consolidation reporting packages, to ensure compliance with WWF's accounting policies.
- Identifies common systems issues and optimization opportunities and leads the process to find, test, document and implement solutions.
- Trains and supports the designated Oracle Regional super users and liaises with Oracle and regional super users in testing, documenting, and implementing new releases and patches of the software
- Monitors open help desk tickets and coordinates quick resolution, calling on regional super users and others where appropriate and liaises with Oracle in resolving system bugs.
- Keeps documentation of the set-up, use and related processes for the designated portfolio of Oracle E-Business Suite modules complete, easy to follow and up-to-date.
- Updates & ensures compliance with the Internal Control System ("ICS") and liaises with auditors for the processes under own responsibility.
- Carries out other duties, as and when required, at the request of the Manager Financial Accounting.
- Provides back up for other accounting functions from time to time.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- University degree (ideally in finance / accounting).
- Qualified or part qualified accountant (e.g. CPA, ACA, CIMA).
- Minimum five years' experience of accounting and reporting, ideally within an international organisation
- Knowledge of Oracle E-business Suites.
- Exceptionally strong analytical and business process skills.
- Results driven with excellent organisational skills and the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and complete work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a diverse range of finance colleagues globally.
- Fluency (spoken and written) in English. Other languages (especially German) would be an asset.
- Excellent computer skills: Excel, financial software, word processing, MS-Powerpoint.
- Good knowledge of Oracle E-business Suites and other financial reporting systems.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Aptitude for clear and concise oral and written communication.
- Adheres to WWF's values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
How to apply?
Upload as one file your covering letter and CV via this link. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Deadline for applications: by 25th February 2019.
Work permit restrictions may apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.