Boa Technology Inc., the creator of the award-winning, patented Boa Fit System, is reinventing how shoes, medical braces, and equipment performs. As Boa looks ahead to the future, there is contagious excitement radiating across our offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
We are looking for a Customer Product Development Engineer for our EMEA office - based in Mondsee/Austria. We are a collaborative, growing company where details matter and customer satisfaction with our product is paramount.
The people of Boa are passionate, committed, collaborative and friendly. We know the joy of actively pursuing goals, making them realities and then moving on to the next challenge. If this work environment sounds attractive to you, please read on.
Customer Product Development & Testing Engineer (M/W) - EMEA
The primary responsibility of the CPD Engineer will be to act as an interface between the Boa Technology Testing and EMEA Customer Product Development departments. In this role you will be responsible for supporting testing efforts, primarily related to specific end product usage and application. The CPD Engineer must possess a strong understanding of Boa components and how they interact with each other, the product and materials in which they are installed, the environment in which they are used and the testing methods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize existing test data to evaluate products that have been identified by the CPD Team as non-standard applications or configurations or develop test plans when there is not previous test data available.
- Manage evaluation projects for new segments, working with the Testing Team.
- Develop expert level knowledge of Boa test methods, product performance standards and compatibility for each Boa segment.
- Maintain an understanding of categories and use cases and how Boa's test methods represent those categories.
- Perform analysis of failed products to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Manage or support field testing working closely with brand partners and/or Boa Team.
- Perform installation/evaluation testing of brand partner development samples.
- Document test data and reports following Boa data analysis and storage processes.
- Procure and maintain testing equipment to grow testing capabilities in the EMEA office.
- Perform CAD review of custom products to ensure alignment with Boa's design guidelines.
Skills and abilities:
- HTL graduation, engineering degree or equivalent with 3 years of engineering experience required.
- Fluent in German and English (written and spoken).
- Experience in manufacturing or product development within the outdoor and/or footwear industries desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Solidworks or similar CAD software.
- Highly organized and extremely good at detail planning and execution.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of plastic injection and small metal parts manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with precise measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of standardized testing and data acquisition methods, PLCs and automated testing equipment desirable.
- Team oriented and open minded.
- Willingness to travel occasionally within EMEA region and/or USA.
The salary is based on the KV Handel and we are willing to overpay depending on your experience and skills.
You are interested? Please send us your application:
Boa Technology GmbH, Prielhofstrasse 10, A-5310 Mondsee