"I believe in creative solutions for every technological challenge."
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Senior Java Developer (m/f)
Erste Group IT International (EG IT INT) is the IT service provider of Erste Group, supplying solutions to all entities. It provides development, implementation and integration as well as operation of group-wide solutions. Aimed at offering the best service at the best price, EG IT INT plays a key strategic role within Erste Group.
- write well designed, testable, efficient code
- design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- perform tasks across all aspects of the development incorporating: analysis, application and database design; implementation within existing coding standards; participate in code reviews; creating efficient unit tests, assisting with quality assurance; source code, build and configuration management; and system documentation
- design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests
- complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- work closely with stake holders to clarify specifications and provide accurate estimates and with other developers to ensure effective code reusability
- support users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- drive best practice, quality and consistency within design and development phasesidentify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of java developed projects
- provide technical support and consultation for java application and infrastructure questions
- develop and execute unit test plans
- hold BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- bring 15 years of proven hands-on Software Development experience
- have at least 10 years proven working experience in Java development
- bring 5 years hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- are able to do object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- have a profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- possess excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL
- are experienced with test-driven development
- are skilled in using development tools including source code control, debugging, and profiling
- bring experience with Oracle and PL/SQL
- are proficient in Hadoop data formats like AVRO and Parquet
- offer an autonomous and diversified position in an experienced team with international experience
- support your professional and personal development at all times. Our employees appreciate attractive career opportunities, flexible working hours, numerous social benefits and a professional working atmosphere.
- guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 48.790,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement.
- foster a work environment in where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success - we live diversity!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: