"I believe that continuous development is the most important step to a successful career." #glaubandich
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Head of Group Financial Sanctions (m/f)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
The Head of Group Financial Sanctions is part of the Compliance Division of Erste Group Bank AG ("EGB") and is heading a department with a direct reporting line into the Chief Compliance Officer of Erste Group. The Financial Sanctions department is embedded in local Compliance Functions ensuring the implementation of the group wide strategy to manage risks in the area of financial sanctions and embargos ("S&E") and strengthen the local Compliance framework throughout Erste Group.
- Ensure compliance with S&E requirements for Erste Group (EGB and Group dimension)
- Lead an international team and support local Compliance Officers to foster a robust framework in the area of S&E
- Evolve and manage S&E governance framework within EGB and all its group members
- Solidify Group Standards to ensure a consistent and effective identification and resolution of risks in the area of S&E
- Support the IT system strategy in the area of S&E and the calibration of associated tools in line with regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Advise key stakeholders about the development of S&E requirements and standards in order to deploy a proactive approach and provide guidance for the business function in determining a risk sensitive business strategy
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in the area of business, IT, Internal Audit, Operations, Product development, Correspondent Banking Partners, Regulators and Policy Makers
- 5+ years relevant experience in S&E area of a Financial Institution
- Experience in an international work environment, preferably with leadership experience
- Advanced experience with banking processes & products
- Management of IT related projects
- Legal & regulatory knowledge (latest developments)
- Assertiveness, problem solving skills, negotiation skills, presentation skills, analytical, structured thinking, advanced social competence, lateral thinking, cultural diversity
- Environment with a strong team spirit with trust and courage to change for better
- The possibility to work in a dynamic international environment
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 41.067,-- gross per year
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: