Santhera Pharmaceuticals is a Swiss specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative medicines for orphan and other diseases with high unmet medical needs.
Regional Manager - Austria
The position is field-based and covers the territory in Austria
Scope of Work
The role reports to the Head of Field Operations Central European Cluster (Germany, Switzerland & Austria) and collaborates closely with the field based Cluster Regional Managers, Marketing Manager and the Medical Director in the Cluster.
The core responsibilities are (but not exclusively): inform and educate customers (hospitals, pharmacies and other 3rd parties) about in-label diseases and therapeutic options involving Raxone(R), according to the local strategy and sharing best practices, achieve countries KPIs including those related to new and active patients on drug, identify and target key stakeholders to move them all upstream in the adoption curve and, finally, perform as a responsible and contributing member of the Cluster Team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement & manage operational plans within approved budgets as derivative of the overall cluster strategy and in line with the international guidelines
- Contribute to the development and then implement educational strategies for key stakeholders and referral networks
- Build/maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders and fulfil their requests for information and/or expertise
- Meet on plan, according to internal guidelines and regulations, with targeted stakeholders to gain full understanding of their needs and expectations to support their medical decisions for the best patients outcome
- Complete administrative requirements, provide feedback, and comply with guidelines and policies
- Attend meetings and training sessions; be responsible for keeping the acquired scientific knowledge level up to highest standard.
- Performs all responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures and appropriate industry and regulatory standards and Good Clinical Practices.
- Supports the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork
Required background and experience:
- Mandatory minimum 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical specialty market (preferably as Medical Scientific Liaison, or educated Key Account Manager in rare disease area)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in introducing and managing products inside hospitals and practices in Austria, maintaining relationship with all key stakeholders at all levels (HCPs, payers, pharmacists, etc)
- Demonstrated ability in managing both scientific and commercial topics at the same time
- Proven experience in senior key pharmaceutical stakeholders management
- Additional experience in special assignments in medical, marketing or market access will be considered a plus
- Knowledge of local guidelines and regulations (e.g. EPFIA as applied to Cluster/Country), especially referred to stakeholders interaction
- Exposure to international team cooperation is a plus
- Bachelor degree or comparable level of experience/education
- Preferably life-science education, business education will be considered acceptable only if working experience is relevant
Required competencies and skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management, planning and organizing
- Work independently in a large geographical area
- Dealing with ambiguity, decision making, coping with change
- Drive for results, solution oriented
- Personal resilience, perseverance, energy and drive
- Self-motivation, able to work independently as well on cross-functional teams
- Motivating/influencing others, negotiation
- Fluency in German and good command of English, both written and oral
- Adequate computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), CRM system (e.g. Veeva) and use of new media
Santhera offers a very interesting and dynamic working environment and a highly motivated international team. We have an attractive compensation package, which includes for this position an annual gross salary starting from EUR 80.000,-.
We are looking forward to receiving your application at email@example.com
Santhera Pharmaceuticals (Schweiz) Ltd
Doina Mazilu, Talent Acquisition Partner - Europe
Tel: +41 61 906 89 05