Legal Counsel (m/f) at Global Leader in Software Intelligence
Linz, Austria Are you looking for a new challenge to work both independently and as part of a global legal team?
Dynatrace is the global leader in Software Intelligence.
Our vision: We believe the world needs software to work perfectly.
Our mission: Help you deliver perfect software.
What we do: Software Intelligence for the enterprise cloud.
How we do it: Dynatrace provides software intelligence to help you release better software faster, automate your cloud operations and deliver unrivalled digital experience.
Apply and become our main advisor for all legal issues in the DACH area. As the DACH Counsel, you will work with the Sales, Services and Finance teams in our German-speaking and other markets on commercial transactions, and you will provide intellectual property and general advice and support to our 500+ person R&D team. Based in Linz, Austria, your role as a member of the global legal team will involve working closely with European offices (mainly remotely), providing practical and commercially focused advice and support, as well as becoming an integral part of our R&D team, and participating in projects within the global legal team. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, flexibility, good communication skills and an ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced and busy environment.
If you are a legal expert in the IT industry with talent for thinking outside of the box and a pragmatic mindset, we are looking forward to getting to know you!
- Prepare, review and negotiate contracts for software licensing and related services in collaboration with the Sales, Services and Finance teams; assist in reviewing and responding to customer requests for proposals.
- Support the global R&D team and other functions based in Linz, by delivering advice, support and initiatives on intellectual property protection and product-related contractual terms and policies, and providing general legal support, including support for local HR and general compliance concerns.
- As part of the global legal team, help build and maintain our processes and tools, including periodic updates and improvements to share knowledge, adopt standards and standard processes, and help the Legal team stay connected and operate efficiently across the Company.
Why join Dynatrace
- You will enjoy the support from your 10-person global legal team and work independently at a global leader with flat hierarchy and open culture.
- You have the chance to learn and grow in a challenging environment (confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to existing challenges).
- We offer you an Open-Door policy, learning from each other, facing challenges and celebrating success together as a team.
- You can expect a great work-life-balance with the opportunity of home office if needed.
- University degree in Law and admission to bar at least in one jurisdiction
- More than 7 years of significant relevant professional experience
- Working experience in commercial law (DACH) in the IT industry, e.g. intellectual property, software licensing, managed and professional services, data protection (GDPR, security terms), as well as strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong intellectual property knowledge (open source, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, etc.)
- Familiarity with technology product go-to-market models, direct sales, distribution agreements, resale agreements, services sales etc.
- Ideally Experience in providing legal advice across a multi-jurisdictional region in Europe
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is EUR 60,000 gross per year based on full-time employment. We offer a higher salary in line with qualifications and experience.
Dynatrace Austria GmbH
- Education & training bonus
- Free coffee, tea & smoothies
- Free fruits & cereals
- Flexible working hours
- Ergonomic workplaces
- Regular team events
- Discount for public transportation
- Free physical health support
- Sports activities