FOUR PAWS is an international animal welfare organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and offices in 14 other countries. Founded by Heli Dungler in 1988, the organisation works to help animals in need through sustainable campaigns and projects. FOUR PAWS focuses on animals under direct human influence, for example stray dogs and cats, farm animals, companion animals and wild animals kept in inappropriate conditions. FOUR PAWS aims to help animals in need fast and directly. www.four-paws.org
We are looking for a positive thinker with close affinity to animal welfare to fill this position as soon as possible.
LEAD EXPERT FARM ANIMALS AND NUTRITION (m/f)
Fulltime / Vienna Headquarters
- Leading the content expertise for the farm animals department in close cooperation with campaigns, partnerships as well as communications, fundraising and country offices
- Representing FOUR PAWS at international events, working groups and conferences to position FOUR PAWS as an expert in the field of farm animal welfare
- Establishing and maintaining a network of contacts to support the gathering of information on farm animal welfare issues
- Conducting the building of the knowledge base on the FAN Department issues and latest scientific thinking in these areas
- Overseeing farm animal welfare developments in the FOUR PAWS countries
- Carrying out research of relevant animal welfare issues, preparing content, providing know-how and support within the farm animal welfare field to other parts of the organisation
- Undertaking specific project work in cooperation with Science Unit, in particular related to research, scientific knowledge and promotion of FOUR PAWS
- Implementing, monitoring and evaluating frameworks and risk analysis for the expert work and providing reports to the line manager
- Planning, managing and monitoring budgets for the expert work
- Identifying animal welfare issues that may be suitable as future campaigns
- Line managing direct reports
- University degree in agricultural sciences, livestock sciences, veterinary medicine or other related study
- Several years of working experience with a focus on project and process management
- Established knowledge of farm animal welfare issues
- Excellent communication skills in English and German (written and oral)
- Routine handling of MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work pro-active and independently but also being a team player
Results-oriented and balanced-driven personality with good negotiation skills
- Driver's license B and willingness to travel
- Great affinity to animal welfare and FOUR PAWS issues and values
What we offer:
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team
- A fully integrated and respectful partnership within an international organisation
- An attractive working place with technically advanced infrastructure located close to the centre of Vienna
- Work experience in Headquarters of an international organisation limited to 12 months
- Local and international career development opportunities
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
We offer you a gross salary of minimum EUR 44.000,- per year, depending on your qualifications, skills and professional experience.
Are you looking for such an opportunity?
We look forward to meeting you!
Moreover, we are happy to consider your application for other suitable job opportunities within our global organisation.
Please send your application via email to Bewerbung@vier-pfoten.de
FOUR PAWS International