Global Blue invented the concept of Tax Free Shopping almost 40 years ago and is now the worldwide industry leader, enhancing the Globe Shopper experience and creating value for retailers and partners through a range of products and services. Global Blue's Tax Free Shopping solutions allow thousands of retailers, including most of the world's best luxury, fast fashion and department store brands, to quickly and safely offer Globe Shoppers savings of up to 20% when shopping in 300,000 stores around the world. Global Blue's IT headquarters is located in Vienna.
Technical Solution Support Specialist
Following a number of trainings you will become an expert of the Global Blue tax free issuing solutions, familiar with the backend systems and message protocols but also with the country specific requirements.
You will be responsible for providing technical support to Technical Account Managers and our biggest global merchants. This involves close cooperation with internal project management, IT operations teams as well as external developers and merchants.
- Establishing and maintaining functional and technical specifications for Integrated Issuing Solutions
- Provide technical expertise to Technical Account Managers as well as internal and external partners in regard to:
- IT landscape and message protocol expertise (XML, JSON, etc.)
- Solution specific workflows and requirements
- Country specific tax free requirements
- Provide technical support during project execution and as second level support after project completion
- Execute the tax free issuing solution certification together with internal and external stakeholders (international retailers, POS system vendors, payment terminal providers) via remote access or on-site testing.
- Create and maintain shop setup and tax free layouts in the test and production environments for the partner and support go-live
- Stay in direct and regular contact with the internal departments to ensure that new product functionalities and requirements are correctly implemented
Education and background
- Relevant IT educational background (experience in the software development field beneficial)
- Min. 3 years of professional experience as a Technical Consultant or Engineer in a multinational and customer-oriented environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office products
- Experience in working with virtual and distributed teams
- Excellent English language skills (oral & written)
- Structured, reliable, customer oriented approach
- Excellent ability to analyse problems and identify solutions
- Operational "hands-on" attitude and resolution orientation
- Good communication and team skills, ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to communicate with external partners in an efficient and structured way
- Able to work independently with self-motivating personality
- Enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment
- Solid understanding of software development projects (system interfaces)
- Understanding of Point-of-Sale related technology and transactional systems beneficial
- Commitment and dedication to work
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment
Global Blue offers a fast-paced, team environment. You will receive an outstanding total compensation and performance-related salary plan depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As we believe your compensation goes beyond your pay check, we offer a competitive salary plus yearly bonus, as well as a wide range of other perks and benefits:
- Work in fast growing international company
- Most state of the art office environment
- Multi-cultural environment
- Inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Benefits - lunch vouchers, company doctor, refreshment
- Employee referral program
- Team-building, Team events, Christmas Party
Flexible working time
Good location close to public transport
Wellbeing, company doctor, meal vouchers
Team building, party and events
Global Blue guarantees an attractive, competitive and performance-related compensation package based on your professional and personal qualifications as well as on market-oriented salaries and, therefore, our compensation package is significantly above the stated minimum salary.
As required by Austrian federal law we are obliged to disclose the minimum annual compensation according to the respective Austrian collective agreement for this position, which amounts to 27.414,66 EUR.