System Engineer (m/f)
Standort Graz, Steiermark
Magna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
System Engineer (SE) will participate in the planning, design, installation, monitoring, and support of Microsoft Active Directory and various Windows Server applications and systems (like DPM, SCCM, SCOM, MS PKI, DFS, DNS …). The SE Administers standards, policies, and procedures in accordance with corporate and customer objectives to improve system availability, reliability, recoverability, or manageability. Performs server/application maintenance and housekeeping. Performs other functions and assists team as necessary or at the direction of Infrastructure Management and/or other IT management.
- Participates in the Planning, Design, Installation, Monitoring, and Support of Windows Server Application, VMware/Hyper-V technologies, back-up/communications equipment and server management tools. Support network operating systems.
- Participates in all phases of Active Directory Administration, analysis, and monitoring at a highly technical level; analyze complex computer system requirements to provide integration and implementation support.
- Troubleshoots, manages, and maintains system performance. Monitors capacity versus utilization for hardware, system throughput, and licensing. Recommends appropriate actions on a timely basis to avoid performance degradation and/or oversubscription.
- Implement security procedures through physical measures, OS, Application configuration, using Magna and industry security standards.
- Administer standards, policies, and procedures in accordance with corporate and business objectives to improve system availability, reliability, recoverability, or manageability. Develop start-up and shutdown procedures, search for/apply corrective patches to operating systems and application software and develop operational processes/configurations.
- Process implementation in support of business initiatives.
Knowledge and Education
- Completion of Higher Institute of Technical Education or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Server Certifications, Active Directory Certifications are of advantage.
- 3 to less than 5 years of work-related experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Manages Microsoft Active Directory Environment.
- Knows about Windows Server 2012 to 2016 Roles and Features.
- Manages Microsoft Public Key Infrastructure (MS PKI).
- Basic networking skills are of advantage.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills to prioritize and deal with many issues at one time.
- Demonstrated analysis skills to ensure that solutions perform as expected.
- Collaborate and consult, with other technical or development teams, on projects.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies, tools, and applications related to job.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills to relate to various levels of users and relate their needs to other personnel. Must be able to express technical idiom in an unambiguous manner
- Communicate with co-workers, management customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions.
- Prompt, Regular attendance.
- Able to communicate in English (German, Spanish desirable) language (listening, writing, speaking).
Regular overnight travel 10-25% of the time.
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment.
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 50.000,-. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.