We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Team Lead Accounts Receivable
As Team Lead of our Accounts Receivable team, you will be tasked with supervising and supporting the members of Accounts Receivable department (8-10 people). Together as a team, you will be responsible for accounts receivables encompassing Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Slovenia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Spain, France, Italy, Cyprus, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, Poland and UK.
Another major function is the control and continuing improvement of all procedures in place in the department, as well as the delivery of reliable and adequate information on accounts receivables to all other functions of the company not the least to Sales.
By becoming part of Global Blue, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in the innovative and fast-growing business of Tax Free Shopping.
Main duties and responsibilities
- be an inspiring lead to our Accounts Receivable team members by supporting them in their daily routine, giving general guidance and professional support, coaching them and assessing staff performance
- control and authorize payments and bank collections
- oversee the average "Days Outstanding - DSO" in the countries of concern
- ensure compliance with various group and respective national legal directives in the area of accounts receivables
- manage bad debts and accruals
- deliver analyses and detailed reports in the area of accounts receivables to support top management
- refine standard procedures within the department
- plan proper resource allocation and contribute to restructuring within the department
Experience and background
- profound accounting knowledge (secondary Business/Commerce education like HAK, accounting examination like WIFI, or similar)
- min. 5 years working in Finance and Accounting, thereof at least 3 years in an Accounts Receivable role
- strong Excel knowledge
- advanced English skills (written and spoken)
- nice to have:
- knowledge of local accounting rules and relevant legislation
- experience working in an international environment
- experience in a leading position
- VBA or SQL experience
- reliable and motivating team player with social competence and communication skills, especially when working with different target groups within an international environment
- analytical skills: accurate and numerate, focused on details and to get the work done thoroughly, problem solver
- able to work well under pressure while keeping an eye on deadlines
- independent, goal-oriented and self-motivated
- organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload
- being able to engage internal and external stakeholders on a professional level
- highly customer-service orientated
- pro-active and solution-focused mindset
Flexible working time
Good location close to public transport
Wellbeing, company doctor, meal vouchers
Team building, party and events
As required by Austrian federal law we are obliged to disclose the minimum annual compensation according to the respective Austrian collective agreement for this position, which amounts to EUR 40.123,02.