cargo-partner is a leading multinational freight forwarder and integrated logistics provider with particular strength in intercontinental transport solutions. Based in Austria, cargo-partner is present in over 30 countries with more than 3000 employees and continues to grow and expand across the world.
Our employees are highly motivated professionals from many different nations with diverse cultural backgrounds who share a common passion for their work, excellent communication skills and a strong entrepreneurial approach.
We offer an interesting career kick-start for talented people without experience as well as a rewarding opportunity for accomplished logistics and business professionals. We believe in establishing long-term relationships and investing in the continuous development of our employees.
To expand our IT team at our Headquarters in Fischamend we are looking for a
Database administrator (m/f) - Focus PostgreSQL
in an international setting
Your main tasks:
In this interesting and challenging position, you are responsible for the operational business of our database landscape and the associated Linux infrastructure.
- Creation, installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of PostgreSQL databases ( and any others)
- Performance optimization and performance analysis (of SQL statements as well as databases)
- Troubleshooting in cooperation with other IT teams (e.g. software development)
- Execution of updates and upgrades of databases
- Consolidation of (PostgreSQL) databases into a highly available cluster
- Monitoring of databases
- Creation of database-backups and recoveries
- Interface to external partner companies for the implementation of database projects
- Collaboration in the Linux-server-administration
- Preparation of technical documentation
- Completed technical education (HTL / FH / UNI) or comparable
- Experience in the administration of PostgreSQL and other databases in the Linux environment
- Experience with highly available database systems (clusters)
- SQL knowledge as well as understanding of data structures and process flows
- Experience with Linux servers in the enterprise environment
- Good English skills: writing and speaking
- High personal initiative, goal- and solution-oriented way of working
- A full-time position in a company with innovative capacity and economic stability
- An interesting, varied range of activities in a future-oriented environment
- Room for design and personal development
- An excellent working environment in a dynamic and multinational team
- Based on professional qualification and experience, we offer a gross annual salary starting from EUR 50.000,--
If you are looking for a vital and challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!
Submit your application and CV to Claudia Strassil via our online job portal (jobs.cargo-partner.com).